Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heatkeeper

1. Back To Top    #1

Heatkeeper

Today I saw the Heatkeeper ball at Wal=Mart. "A solar blanket in a capsule." Does anyone know if these work, or just another pool store waste of cash?
    Intek 15' diameter X 4'deep 4,800 gallon AG beginner pool, updated with a Hayward sand filter, 60GPM pump. TF-50 Test Kit. Upgraded to TK-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heatkeeper

Basically a waste. A real solar cover is a good investment if you have a heater.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Waste of cash.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

As someone who used a very similar product last summer, I'll tell you it's a waste of money. It did very little (if anything at all) to hold heat in the pool unless the water was absolutely still, meaning no wind and the pump not running; not a ripple in the surface. They were costing me $30.00/month. Three months of that would pay for the solar cover I bought this year that works really well.
    24' AG Round (vinyl replaced 0909) - 13500 gal - Sand Dollar Filter (150lb) - Dynamo DYNII-N1-1 1HP - Hayward HP380 Heat Pump - TF-100.
    Central Missouri

Before I speak, I have something important to say.