Pool and Spa Thermometer with wireless Temperature Sensor

Brentr said:
Can you post a pic? I would be interested in this as I frequently find my thermometer upsidedown.
Here you go.

Thermometer probe and hose quick adaptor.
Photo0012-1.jpg

Thermometer with adaptor installed.
Photo0014-1.jpg

Ready to assemble.
Photo0015-1.jpg

Floating with weigh installed.
Photo0016-1.jpg

You could use a stainless steel nut. I didn't have one to try but a 5/8" nut should fit the stem fine and be the right weight.

this looks almost exactly like the one I bought at Sharper Image a couple of years ago. the only problem I ever had was occasionally losing the signal and having to sync up the two units again , and the LCD display on the pool unit fading due to the sunlight exposure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No problem here. As I stated, the house is aluminum sided and the units are between 50' and 75' apart depending on where around the pool the sensor is. Even another 30' away it still works. I did notice that when sitting right next to the computer the unit would occasionally lose signal. I don't know if it was from interference from the computer, wireless network or the 433mhz wireless weather station nearby.

I had some signal loss so I returned it back to Home Depot which they refunded and bought another one. I also put 2 one inch nuts on the inside and it works great. Hope this helps .....

I haven't had any problems with it staying in sync once I moved it away from computer, wireless speakers, cordless phone, etc. I, first, put it on the window sill, wood framed over steel, with sensor in skimmer only about 25 ft from window. Signal was not great. I then moved it away from window, about 10 ft, sitting on top of wooden cabinet and signal is strong and steady.

We live about a mile away from the largest TV tower forest in the US. So we are bombarded by all kinds of signals. (except for analog TV signals that went right over us) Most metals, used in our house, act like receivers so I wasn't sure the wireless Temp Sensor would even work. It has worked flawlessly for a month or so. Over the years some wireless things just won't function properly in our house. We have a "ghost" who turns our way up high fans and fan lights, on/off and fan speed changes. :grrrr:

BTW.... I put mine in the skimmer because of wind and doggies retrieving it for a dog toy (with resulting death to anything that isn't a real doggie toy).

gg=alice

mkenyon2 said:
Hmm... good idea in the skimmer... does it block flow? Or alter temp readings?

I doubt it blocks flow much at all. It has about 2" water around it when I hold it in the middle. My skimmer is deep enough that the sensor, nearer to the bottom of "float", is quite a few inches above the bottom of the basket. My skimmer gets "blocked" mostly by the fine stuff that blows into my pool and is caught by the skimmer sock. Sock has to be changed twice, at least, on a normal windy day (almost all days, year round, except for the really windy days (lots) 25-50 mph and, more than we like, gale force/hurricane days, 50-70 mph days). I usually have to change sock due to fine stuff before the skimmer gets much plant debris. Most plant debris is caught before it goes to skimmer by the Pool Skim.

Of course the water is coming from the top layer which is probably a little warmer than water at bottom of 10 ft deep end but I keep the main drain almost fully open and Polaris runs five two hour cycles a day so the water is pretty stirred up. Main pump runs 23/7. At least it is out of the sun, which results in no UV deterioration of screen and it doesn't get stuck in particularly warm spots where the flow might not be as good as other places. Wind doesn't turn it over either. And it's not bouncing around hitting the edges of pool, which it would do with our wind. It bounces gently around the skimmer.

gg=alice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.