Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pebbles coming loose from pool surface

1. Back To Top    #1

pebbles coming loose from pool surface

After manually vacuuming the pool, I found a small amount of pebbles in the leaf trap that's connected between the skimmer and the vacuum hose. The pebble tec finish is only 4 years old. Should I be concerned?
    Irregularly shaped IG pool with aggregates of squares and rectangles, spa overflows to pool
    21K gallon, Pebble tec, 450 sq ft, 125 GPM cartridge filter, 1hp pump, 1.5hp booster pump, Jandy heater,
    2 skimmers, 2 main drains, Hayward Navigator automatic vacuum connected to one of the skimmers

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pebbles coming loose from pool surface

Quote Originally Posted by irvinenewbie
    After manually vacuuming the pool, I found a small amount of pebbles in the leaf trap that's connected between the skimmer and the vacuum hose. The pebble tec finish is only 4 years old. Should I be concerned?
    I think concern would be warranted if you could identify a "bald" patch where the pebbles originated! Hopefully the pebbles fell into the pool and were vacuumed up...
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: pebbles coming loose from pool surface

You should have a bonding warranty for five years (if you are the original owner) from the plaster or pool company. Do you know who plastered (Pebbled) it? PM me if you do and I'll see if I can help if you don't get anywhere on your own.

Bruce