Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air Piilow Size??

1. Back To Top    #1

Air Piilow Size??

I have a 27' AGP that I am closing up soon in NY...Should I go with a 4 x 8 pillow or a larger size..15ft?

I have a 4 x 8 already, but will go buy a new one if this is too small.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air Piilow Size??

not too small at all...the purpose of the pillow is really to just allow rain water/debris to settle around the pool, instead of the center of the pool....suposedly keeping pressure off the sidewalls....also 50% of the time they just deflate mid winter. There are many here who close without a pillow. the 4x15 is designed more for oval/rectangular pools. Gl w/ the closing

Honestly what I have found to have better luck with is just buy the next size up round pool cover and this gives me more than enough slack/insurance, in case the pillow deflates.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northwest Indiana

Re: Air Piilow Size??

You don't want to fully inflate the pillow either...I think that is why people have problems with them deflating...The cold and pressure of ice causes them to bleed air. if you inflate to 75% of the full then it doesn't get full pressure.
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer