Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dry Cleaning Business

1. Back To Top    #1
    Bremen, GA

Dry Cleaning Business

Wanted to get some thoughts about ownership and wasn't sure if anyone on TFP was in the business.

New Pool: Goldline Aqua Logic, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Spa, Polaris QT Blower, Gunite w/ Pebble Tec, 10K Gallons

Old Pool: david-and-kristy-s-pool-build-t8676.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Rocklin, Ca

Re: Dry Cleaning Business

A friend of mine owns one. Not the storefront type but the place where the retail stores take the clothes to actually get cleaned.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

3. Back To Top    #3
    Orlando, FL

No, but I once had to do some repairs on a really old Wascator dry cleaning machine. It had a two speed motor and a capacitor based single-phase to three-phase conversion control system with this weird reversing relay setup...

Oh. Sorry... I went away for a minute there.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

My friend has a Dry Cleaners that has been around for 60years. Less and less people are getting things dry cleaned. Fewer and fewer people are wearing suits. A lot of the material is wash and wear, people stay away from dry clean only products. To help make ends meet he has had to get into the linen business also. Cleaning for resorts and restraurants,renting for wedding and parties.

Thats the trend in our town of 65,000. People just don't seem to want to pay the price for dry cleaning. Could be different elsewhere.
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

5. Back To Top    #5
    Stuck In Paradise

We use dry cleaners quite a bit so here is the customers side.
    We will only deal with cleaners that keep clothes on site. The place that seems to always be super busy is the $1.95 each for anything, cash only in advance, in by 9 out by 4. That's where we go and they even have coupons, can't beat em.

Personally, I would not consider a business that was so labor intensive that I could not move off shore. It's getting too expensive to have employees anymore, not to mention they tend to steal from you. Also, think of a business that you do not have to be there to always unlock a door to make money, I went for years without a vacation because of that, never again.
    30x18 inground plaster/pebble with spa
    Hayward cartridge filter C751 1.5 hp pump
    In line tablet chlorinator
    Heat pump heater
    Aqua Logic wireless controls