Vgreen 2.25HP Variable Speed Motor: Model EVQ225

Olly1363

Mar 27, 2024
Carefree, AZ
I installed a the subject line motor a year and a half ago. It was straight forward and has been working without issue. However, I've noticed recently that the "Override" mode times out after about 10 minutes (you use override mode to increase the rpm to 3450). If you don't take it out of "Override" mode by pushing the button for three seconds it's supposed to time out after 24 hours.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? If so, is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

David

@1poolman1 has experience with those motors although I doubt he watches any of them for 24 hours.

Thanks for the feedback, I've just had the pool resurfaced and the start up includes having the circulating pump running non stop for 5 days and brushing regularly while maintaining the pools chemical parameters within a specific range. While brushing (which takes a long time) I've been using the override mode and that's when I've noticed that the pump control unit times out of override mode in a varying amount of time but nowhere near the 24 hours as shown in the EVO's manual.

Thanks for the feedback, I've just had the pool resurfaced and the start up includes having the circulating pump running non stop for 5 days and brushing regularly while maintaining the pools chemical parameters within a specific range. While brushing (which takes a long time) I've been using the override mode and that's when I've noticed that the pump control unit times out of override mode in a varying amount of time but nowhere near the 24 hours as shown in the EVO's manual.
If you are running the motor with a time clock, install a couple of extra trippers and have the pump re-start a few times a day. Be sure to have the off and on at least 15 minutes apart or the motor may not start.