Chlorinator: Communication Lost

AMP013

Apr 3, 2024
Austin, TX, USA
Hi there! I've seen a ton of communication on this issue and wanted to see if I could get an answer here. I've had multiple pool techs point the finger and no one will own what's going on. We've had multiple pool cleaners as well and they don't seem to want to help out since they may lose business if we have a salt water pool. Our pool is only 2 years old and we found out later that the SWG was never connected. Here are some screenshots of how our system looks. Please let me know if you can offer any advice. Thank you!IMG_4951.jpgIMG_4952.jpgIMG_4947.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
Your Easytouch does not have the onboard SWCG transformer and surge card. Please show us a picture of the SWCG box and the wiring from it.

Well, it is connected to your external Power Center, because it has lights...

So.. How do you set the cell's output??? Do you use the buttons on the cell, or do you use the EasyTouch??

Do you have ScreenLogic???

Try this test... Go into the Service mode.. wait a few seconds and see if all the lights go out on your cell.. They should. If they do not go out, then it is not wired correctly.

Let me know what you find..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well, it is connected to your external Power Center, because it has lights...

So.. How do you set the cell's output??? Do you use the buttons on the cell, or do you use the EasyTouch??

Do you have ScreenLogic???

Try this test... Go into the Service mode.. wait a few seconds and see if all the lights go out on your cell.. They should. If they do not go out, then it is not wired correctly.

Let me know what you find..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I saw this suggestion on another tip that you left someone else so I did try that. I put it into Service Mode and the lights did in fact go out.

To answer your other question, I did not set the cell's output...nor use the buttons on the cell. I haven't touch it at all. Whomever originally set it up, must have done it.

And yes, I do have ScreenLogic. Here's a screenshot. Sorry, It's obvious I know nothing about a pool system :)

Attachments

• IMG_4960.PNG
    IMG_4960.PNG
    69.1 KB · Views: 2

Using ScreenLogic, and in the pool mode, adjust your SWCG's output to say 20%.. Wait about 5 minutes and go look at your cell and see if the 20% lights are on.. (Ist two lights).

Then using ScreenLogic, set the output to 100%, wait 5 minutes and then go look and see of the lights changed to 100%..

If they adjust, then your cell is wired correctly..

You should really checkout how SWCG pools work.. Adjusting the cell a few times a year is needed to keep your FC (Chlorine) at the right level. This time a year I only need about 10 or 15%.. In the middle of the summer, I'll need 50 to 60%. The output is based on how long you run you pump each day..

A SWCG pool is the best possible type of pool there is.. But, the owner must routinely test the pool's water, and make the necessary adjustments.

We would be glad to get you pointed in the right direction..

Thanks,

Jim R.