15'X48 AGP w/ SWG can't get clean on tight budget

And... Another question: SWG is saying low salt. Should I add salt now or wait until I'm done with the slam? Wouldn't adding salt help maintain the FC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salt does not help maintain chlorine. It is used for the SWG to make chlorine. SWG should be off when SLAMing the pool.

FC is at 12+ this morning. I stopped at 12 to save regent. Heading out this morning then back home for a scrub and vacuum. Water seems to have improved some but I can now see there is more debris left than I thought. Looks like some heavy vacuuming ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FC exactly 12. Got a good scrubbing and vacuum. Skimmer socks are a life saver and my best pool investment yet. I used them during the vacuum and I can clean them a lot quicker than having to pull the filter cartridge every couple minutes. Makes vacuuming a lot easier. I'm feeling some hope here!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was gone for a couple hours and we had quick but heavy rain. FC was at 10. I adjusted the pool math for the depth of my pool and added 3 cups (24 oz) of bleach. Actual calculations said to add 19 but I didn't want to under shoot it before bedtime. I'm done for tonight will check FC before leaving for work tomorrow. Would love to be able to test midday tomorrow but it's just not possible.

Rain overnight but FC was at 12. I decided to drop some bleach (10 oz) in anyway since I'm going to be gone for 9 hours today. Water clarity is getting better but I still have some vacuuming to do for debris. That has been the most challenging process.

Got home in time to test and do a filter clean/swap. FC was 11 so it looks like I'm not losing much chlorine. I did add about 10oz to bump it back up a bit. Looks like some serious storms on the way and I have to get ready for ball game if storms hold off. Will have to vacuum and scrub when I get home or when rain stops. Here is an updated picture.
edfc19628429a02b822d060995078342.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the encouragement and help!

Update: Looks like I pass the OCLT. FC was at 13 last night and 13 again this morning even with a little rain. Looks like debris is my biggest remaining obstacle. I could not vacuum yesterday because of storms. Hoping I can get a good cleaning in this evening after work!

Woke up late so didn't get to test this morning. Did a quick filter swap and dropped about 10oz of bleach to make it through the day. Water was still green but could see the bottom and still have some debris. It's all small stuff that might take a while to vacuum out. I really wish I could spring for the 2500 gph or a sand filter pump.

I read where you were saving reagents by not testing over 12ppm. If I we're you, I'd order more so you don't run out for the rest of the season. Don't worry about OCLT either until the green is gone and the pool clears more. I'd rather sleep a little more at this point. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.