15'X48 AGP w/ SWG can't get clean on tight budget

You will be SLAMming correct? If so you only want to raise it to 30 for now. You will go through a lot of bleach if you raise it to 70-80 for the SLAM. You won't be using the SWG during the SLAM so it is fine at 30 and then raise it after you have passed all SLAM criteria.

Thanks for all the help. Looks like,I'm out of daylight and time for today. I plan on hitting the store first thing in the AM and starting my Slam tomorrow.

I'm not going to be home for several hours later tomorrow evening. Will that be ok for the slam or should wait til Sunday to start. I'm really itching to get this thing done and clear.

You are heading in the right direction! Good job!

Test kit and questions-done!
bleach and more bleach-working on

Test as often as you can. The more you keep the FC up to SLAM level the faster your SLAM will go.

Time and BLeach are your best friends right now. Oh and TFP LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Get as much as you can afford and keep it in a dark and cool dry place like a basement. I have 27 gallons of 12% in my basement. :mrgreen: Whatever I don't use this year, I'll use for laundry n cleaning purposes through the winter. :lol:

Got a late start but here we go. Checked my FC this morning and it was at 2. I added the cya and then slowly poured 112 oz (even 14 cups) of bleach. It's going to be a busy day and I'm heading back out for a bit. Plan on checking FC again in 2 hours. Should I brush and vacuum before I take my next water sample, after, or does it matter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Testing and adding bleach every 2-3 hours will speed up the process. Scooping/vacuuming out as much debris as you can will speed it up even more. And brushing algae off the walls in between will kill the algae faster. Once the chlorine level starts to hold better you can drop back to testing and adding 2-3 times per day.

Brush it, let it settle and sweep it. Keep the SLAM up and you'll see it change everyday.

One more thing. So far the 1500gph pump is holding its own. I added a slimmer sock and that seems to help. I have to clean the sock about once every hour or 2 and I've exchanged/cleaned the filter once. Hoping I can make it through this season with 1500 and maybe upgrade over the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.