Converting to salt...part II

Looks good. Expect some burn off during the day due to UV loss and then get ready to do another OCLT tonight.

Just tested it again. FC is now at 5.
Isn't that a pretty large drop in a short amount of time?

Weather today is 100% sunny, and 90 degrees.

Yes, it is quite large. But your CYA is also quite low for your climate and sun can be brutal towards FC. This is why your really going to have wait until tonight when you can perform another OCLT. When you do, I would just try to shoot for an FC level of near 5ppm or so (a little higher is ok) when the sun goes down and check it again in the morning. Then we'll know what your loss rate is. Just remember to keep the pumps running and the SWG turned off overnight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
10mins isn't really sufficient time to mix. I'd just dose it to 6 or 7ppm, then wait 30-45mins and recheck. Whatever FC level it is will be fine. Then check again in the morning.

My guess is, the loss will be big.

I don't think the sun is up there yet :) CYA test needs full sunlight.

Still, sounds like you probably have enough CYA to prevent that kind of daylight loss.

well, shoot. I don't think I have enough r-0013 to run another CYA test in the sun. I ordered a 16oz bottle, but the good old USPS delivered it to the wrong address yesterday. Hopefully it shows up today, but even if it does, it won't be until this afternoon.

Assuming my CYA is high enough to prevent that kind of daylight loss, what else could I be dealing with?

Two things use up FC, the sun and organics. Organics come from algae, bather load, etc.

Were there lots of people in the pool yesterday? What does the water look like again? Can you post a picture of the water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.