Another Vacation question

edibower

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Phoenix,AZ
I know its been posted many times about vacation maintenance of pools......but I thought I would get peoples thoughts on my plan for re-assurance......I Keep the FC at 6.5 with CYA at 40......PH is always 7.4 to 7.8 sometimes hits 8........ALK is 80 CH is 300.....going to be gone 5 days and the plan is to bring FC up to 10 or 12 and then put 3 - 8oz pucks in a floater (I dread the thought of pucks).....since the CYA is 40 I think I should be ok with only 3 pucks according to the pool math calculater....while keeping the chlorine level up......usually I have someone to put liquid chlorine in but everyone is out of town........thoughts?.....oh and as the signature says we are in Phoenix and the pool is crystal clear.......Thanks in advance

I just got back from about six and a half days away. Dropped the pH to 7 the day we left, put in three pucks to control the pH rise (I have an SWG for the chlorine). Returned to a crystal clear pool and pH at about 7.3 or 7.4.

Your method is sound. Now go enjoy your vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.