Poughquag, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I am currently on vacation across the country. My house sitter called me to tell me my pool was overflowing. Come to find out the filler hose has been on since I left 3 days ago....she just noticed.

I had her drain it down to the corect level and turn off the hose. 😂

My main concern at this point is that the pool is down to 2000 on salt. I had her turn off the SWG.

I am coming home in five days. I am sure I have no chlorine at this point. How long can I go without chlorine?

It is not supposed to be that hot or sunny before that. Anyone experience this? Any thoughts?

I am currently on vacation across the country. My house sitter called me to tell me my pool was overflowing. Come to find out the filler hose has been on since I left 3 days ago....she just noticed.

I had her drain it down to the corect level and turn off the hose. 😂

My main concern at this point is that the pool is down to 2000 on salt. I had her turn off the SWG.

I am coming home in five days. I am sure I have no chlorine at this point. How long can I go without chlorine?

It is not supposed to be that hot or sunny before that. Anyone experience this? Any thoughts?
Without it being too warm and with no one swimming in the pool (assuming the house sitter doesn't go in) I wouldn't be too concerned about it. I just had my pool replastered three weeks ago and just started to add some liquid chlorine to the pool.

This is why I raise my fc to slam level & throw in a floater with pucks before going on vacation- stuff happens, power goes out etc.
like @mknauss said, have someone get some liquid chlorine in the pool.
A gallon per day would stave off a swamp until you return.
What was your fc & cya before you left?

Reactions: m_cat12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.