Controlling fc

Baseballmom9

Gold Supporter
May 31, 2016
Baker/Florida
I have recently started the bbb method. Had some issues with pool but finally at a good place since following this site. I've quit using my inline chlorinator. My problem is keeping chlorine levels up during the day. I can start out fine, at 7, in the morning but will lose all of that during the day. The temperature here is over 90 everyday with most days having a high humidity. Here are my numbers as of this morning...
fc-7
cc-0
ph-7.5
ta-110
ch-200
cya-40

I have dealt with a lot of algae this year. And it seems like if my fc gets to 3, my water will start getting a greenish tint to it. Very slightly. So I've tried keeping my fc at the higher end at 7. It will hold overnight but drop drastically during the day. Is it worth putting more chlorine in the pool in the mornings before leaving home? Or just let it drop to almost zero by the time I get home?

Your CYA is fairly low - you can expect any FC level above 4ppm to burn off fairly quickly due to the sun. You could try raising your CYA slightly to see if that helps. Take it slow - try 50, then maybe 60.

If it were me - before I did that I would SLAM the pool one more time. Just to make sure there isn't anything luring in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.