Beginner Starter Pool just filled - few questions

Jul 4, 2016
Cibolo TX
So I have been trying to read but haven't found my exact questions answered. Sorry if I missed an easy thread previous post

This pool I just filled last night. I am running the filter (cartridge one that cam in the box)right now, filled with garden hose, plan on running the pump for 6 hours a day per instructions.

can my three girls swim while the pump is working?
how long after I add the 6% bleach do I need to wait until they can swim?
manual says something about adding 1" tablets to my pump. Should I do this or buy and use the chlorine tab floater? or stay with bleach since its a small pool?

I did buy this walmart chem kit Hth Pop Up Pool Kit - Walmart.com but haven't added anything yet. This is the test kit I plan to use Kokido 5-Way Reagent Swimming Pool Test Kit | Academy (I have to take it back this morning, something leaked inside and got the instructions all wet and unusable, will be there at 10am CST)

Thanks in advance
Torrch5

Welcome to the forum Torrch5.

To answer your questions-

-I always run my pump when my kids are swimming in the pool -I like the fact that the water and chlorine in particular is being circulated

-You can wait about 15 minutes with the pump running after adding bleach to swim

-I think you would find it easier to maintain the pool with bleach or liquid chlorine, adding stabiliser as a separate component. Tabs add chlorine and are convenient but they also add stabiliser (AKA- CYA) which can become problematic when it gets too high and certainly for your situation would be easier.

Try reading this Guide-for-seasonal-temporary-pools

oh so looking at the pool math calc, i get
Size2600 Mouse over a field for detail
FCGoal: 3 to 7
Add of % bleach. Jug size 96 oz 128 oz 174 oz 182 oz 30 oz 64 oz 121 oz .
or add by weight or by volume of trichlor dichlor cal-hypo 48% cal-hypo 53% cal-hypo 65% cal-hypo 73% lithium-hypo chlorine gas .
Note: Dichlor and trichlor add CYA and lower pH. Cal-hypo adds CH.

is this saying I need to add 96 oz of bleach, correct? what is trichlor?

- - - Updated - - -

oh so looking at the pool math calc, i get
Size2600 Mouse over a field for detail
FCGoal: 3 to 7Add of % bleach. Jug size 96 oz 128 oz 174 oz 182 oz 30 oz 64 oz 121 oz .
or add by weight or by volume of trichlor dichlor cal-hypo 48% cal-hypo 53% cal-hypo 65% cal-hypo 73% lithium-hypo chlorine gas .
Note: Dichlor and trichlor add CYA and lower pH. Cal-hypo adds CH.

is this saying I need to add 96 oz of bleach, correct? what is trichlor?

Again I just filled this last night and this morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.