Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Upstate NY Swimming Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

My Upstate NY Swimming Pool

Circa 20,000 gal IGP, 12 years old, Hayward SP2607X10, 1 hp single speed pump, Hayward S244T Sand filter, vinyl liner, using Aquacheck test strips and Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, 1 skimmer, 1 bottom drain, 2 jets (near stairs and on the opposite deep end)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Upstate NY Swimming Pool

Very nice!
    Wendy
    1980s 20x40 in-ground beast, 36K gallons, 4' - 8', vinyl liner, Sand Dollar sand filter, two skimmers, bottom drain, three returns
    TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank You, wjaneala. This is my 3rd year with this pool. I have inherited it when we bought the house. I am so glad I could TFP. This year I went on vacation and had to wait till mid-June to open it. But thanks to TFP, I was able to go from black to this. Now it's crystal clear. I really appreciate everything that people are doing on this forum.
    Circa 20,000 gal IGP, 12 years old, Hayward SP2607X10, 1 hp single speed pump, Hayward S244T Sand filter, vinyl liner, using Aquacheck test strips and Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, 1 skimmer, 1 bottom drain, 2 jets (near stairs and on the opposite deep end)

4. Back To Top    #4

I grew up on LI. I do miss the "green" and the evening full of fireflies back east. That's a beautiful backyard and pool. What's the plan for that concrete pad with the table and chairs, pergola? Screened room? Outdoor theatre?
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

JoyfulNoise, the big concrete pad must have been used as a basketball court at one point in time. It's about 350 square feet. That is what the previous owner said. It's about 14 years old, and it was disgustingly gray/black overran with mold. I power washed it twice, stained it with concrete stain, and filled the expansion joints w/ polyurethane like it should have been done years ago. I did a similar thing to the pool deck. The lady before us was divorced and unfortunately neglected the yard. I had to fix lots of pavers and edging. Stained one side of the fence, and also had to put in a brand new fence on the side next to pool due to land settling. I do like the outdoor theatre idea. I will keep that in mind.

6. Back To Top    #6

My Upstate NY Swimming Pool

I thought it looked like a basketball court. Sounds like you had quite a fixer-upper there. Looks great!!

Welcome

(But you've been here a while )
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes indeed. I have been here for 3 pool seasons now. But my back yard was not show ready lol. Leaning gray fence on left side. Edging sticking out. Concrete discolored. Gravel missing. Weeds everywhere and very thin grass. It was a long road. I do like the pool though. It's really fun when the days get hot.

8. Back To Top    #8

Beautiful pool!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Used to live in Syracuse before we moved to paradise... Looks like you have your own paradise, no need to come all the way to Arizona.

Beautiful pool!
    Phoenix AZ: 8,000 gallon IG Pebbletec salt water pool, Triton 2 Sand Filter, 1.5hp pump, intellichlor SWG, AG hottub.

10. Back To Top    #10

Hey, welcome from Liverpool NY as well!!!
    Upstate/Central New York. Roman style IG fiberglass pool, 13X33, 8800 gallons, installed July 2012. Pentair cartridge filter, 1 hp Pentair single speed pump. Taylor K2006 Test kit. Went BBB route in spring of 2013, no problems, no regrets!!!!!!

11. Back To Top    #11

Great looking pool and yard!

I like the look of that storage chest. Do you have a link to where I can get one?
    25k outdoor in-ground 18'x36' vinyl pool; Jandy TruClear SWCG; Pentair Whisperflo 3/4 HP WFE-3 pump; Sta-Rite S8M150 System:3 Modular Media 450 sqft filter; Intermatic Freeze Sentry PF1103T
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner; TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

13. Back To Top    #13

Wicked!

Love the Retreat in the village of Liverpool. Mother's Italian restaurant was awesome back in the day...too bad it's no longer in business.
    33K/2K gallon shotcrete pool/spa combo; Jandy DEV 60; Jandy Legacy 400K BTU heater; Jandy 2 HP Stealth Pump; 1400 PureLink Cell SWG; Pure Link Sub-Panel Power Center; PS6 PDA; Sheer Descent Waterfalls; 80GPM Water Feature pump; 2 HP Silencer Blower; Polaris 360; Jandy Watercolors Pool/Spa LED's; Pebbletec Black Pearl