Just getting started

I think you are fine, let your FC drop to 8 today/tonight, test to make sure your at 8FC after dark, test again in the morning and you should still be at 8..

Test at 2pm and then at 9pm again, you should lose between 2 to 4 FC, if your at 5FC bring back to 8 FC, and repeat forever :)

it is up to you to take your FC to 8, the target is 7 and you may only lose 2FC during the day at 7FC..

The reason your losing so much now is because you were at SLAM level and your sunscreen (CYA) is at 60, your CYA will work much better at lower FC levels...

your getting it Kelly :)

It dropped like that on Saturday and no one peed (just my mom and me in pool so pretty sure). Sunday my 18 month grandson could have (he had a swim diaper on,but I know they don't really hold much if any. Do you think it would hold better through the day with the solar cover on or is that not a good idea?

It would hold better with a cover on. But, it shouldn't be needed. I would troubleshoot a little more first. I agree with CC, let's try a couple of days at 8 or 9 ppm and see what happens.

Everything is in check and holding great.:cool:

Question about CYA when or if it gets low, can you use the chlorine tablets, because I have probably close to 30 pounds of them left. And if so, how do you know how many to use. I have In The Swim 3" chlorine tablets that are 99% Trichloro-S-Triazinetrione. Hopefully I should be okay the rest of the summer.
Kelly:kim:

Yes, it is fine. At the bottom of PoolMath is a section called Effects of Adding Chems. Put your gallons at the top, the weight of the puck and pick trichlor. It will tell you how much FC and CYA it will add to your pool.

I think Kim has a copyright and a trademark on that cheerleader! :)

LOL Danny!

Kelly, just know the tablets are NOT enough to keep the FC up during the heat and sun we are getting.....ask me how I know :rolleyes:

I went away for the weekend so stuffed the floater full of tables (4 3" tablets) and left the pump on. We got in last so did not test it when we got home. I tested it the next morning and my FC was only at 2 :shock: and I had the very beginning of algae :(

I am going to cut open the slots so it will flow better and will tie the floater so it will have to stay right in front of the return.

You can and should supplement your tables with liquid chlorine to keep on top of your FC.

:kim:

Kim,
I just don't want my CYA to go any higher, since it is 60 now. Didn't know if it was just as easy to use the tablets to raise CYA if I ever need to raise it! Is the chlorine hard on the liner or is it the same as the other chemicals?

Kelly

Kelly, If you did not have the CYA the chlorine would be hard on the liner BUT the CYA is a buffer for chlorine for the liner and your body.

No more tablets or pucks for you. No powdered shock as well. Only liquid chlorine from now on unless you go on a weekend get away. The tablets last forever if you keep them in a dry place.

:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.