Confused with keeping Fc at the right levels

Ok so I am going to go get more chlorine. My husband who is getting frustrated (no patience) now says I should get the zipchlor because it cleared things up before. That is what the pool store gave us when we opened the pool. I don't know what that is compare to the dichlor and tricolor ...maybe its the same thing. We can't tell if the pool is getting clearer. I think it might be. We have gone through quite a bit of chlorine. I keep telling him to just have patience. But last night my pump turned off, so we turned it back on and it ran very loud. My husband was worried that we are running it so much that something may be wrong. Anyhow like I said, I have until Friday night before I have to abandon the SLAM.

Nope pool area........it might be called "pool filter aid" or such. Look at the ingredients. It is in a box a little bigger than a box fan. It is not heavy at all.

When adding the DE you need to stay around it for a little while to see how the filter likes it. IF the pressure shoots up, turn off the pump and backwash. You are looking for an increase of 1 psi after adding the DE.

To find my pool's DE amount I added 1/4 cup at a time and watched the gauge. My poo like 2.5 cups of DE. We had another member's pool that only like 2Tablespoons LOL It was a small filter though.

Kim:cat:

I couldn't find it. I could order it on Amazon, like major suggested but it won't be here until next week.

But!!!!! dare I say... my pool has made a definite improvement! Still piles of whatever it is in different spots but it's definitely clearer! Woohoo! I do have a robot cleaner... after it settle son the bottom again, I thought about putting him in. Or would the manual vacuum that plugs into my skimmer be better?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Do you know what micron screens you have on the robot? If the robot filters finer than 30 microns, the robot might take more out. Otherwise, just vacuum to filter, nice and slow so as not to stir it up. When you're done, stir it all by brushing so more of the dust gets to the filter.

Sorry to hear there's no pool DE anywhere :(

Good luck with it, Sersee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well look at this! You guys didn't let me down. I was getting frustrated but you all helped me stick with it and I'm getting close to a sparkly pool! I just sent my husband pics and he says he won't be impatient again! He trusts in the system now! I got my robot (Jeffrey) in and am still SLAMing away until it's perfect.

Here are some pictures from today. Sorry I don't know why they go in sideways:

Attachments

• 20160720_102911.jpg
    20160720_102911.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20160720_102922.jpg
    20160720_102922.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 35
Wow, that's great to see :)

Now, don't let up!! MMMaintain. It's been getting easier to keep the FC at shock level (less chlorinating liquid at least), but do keep it up there, as often as you can fit in.

Great work, and good to see the progress. What's your FC and CC?

OH happy day and sersee! Your post made my heart smile! See hubby? We DO know what we are talking about! BUT just wait! It is not TFP clear yet! That will be when you look out the window and do not see your water :shock: and run out to see what happened and it is there but so clear you could not see it!

:kim::cat:

The higher drop is great to hear about as well :) The chlorine is winning!! Keep it up :)

Part of the higher FC drop is because the sun's UV light is getting deeper into the water as well. It's all good, but the more you can MMMaintain the better. Brushing and Robot all good as well. Almost there :)

I have a note that your CYA is at 40 ppm; am I remembering that correctly?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.