Noob looking for advice

That's a big sock! Can I dissolve it in a bucket? Going to test now.
No. It'll take a couple days that way, and I thought you were in a hurry. Since it won't all fit in the skimmer without blocking flow, use more than one. The top picture, with the sock in front of the return stream, is the preferred method.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just as a side note... I bought the Aquabot Junior and it has been pulling algae rements from the deep end. I have more vacuuming to do.

I'm not in a hurry really. July 9 is the big party but the kids want to jump in before that.

Looks like our mods are up and supporting your great efforts. Good and lucky for you!!!!

When it's time to add CYA, (after you hold chlorine at 50%), you can do half your dose at a time to make it more manageable... or you could use your kid's dream Christmas stocking, hahaha!

If you can babysit the sock and do lots of squeezing, it can be gone in an hour or so. Grab a beer and squeeze! Then brush the pool below where you hung the sock to make sure you get the minute particles off your liner.

Get some knee highs or pantyhose they hold more. CYA protects chlorine from the sun. Everything that uses up the chlorine tonight makes it better. Yes, dose again to 10ppm, test again in 10 minutes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So do I had more cal-hypo? Still trying to get to 10ppm?

I do have to work in the morning. Is all this for naught, if I don't get the stabilizer in?
Nope. Because you won't lose any FC to UV rays from the sunlight at night. You're neutralizing ammonia. When the FC starts to hold for more than ten minutes and the CC starts dropping, you add the stabilizer and shoot for 12 FC. And then it's your choice to go to bed or not. Boost it back to 12 FC before you leave for work tomorrow.

Hmmmm, would be better if the CC dropped. I would call it a day and see if the sun burns off some of the CC and start again tomorrow evening.

Yup, cal hypo can cloud the water.

Just so you know, I have a small plastic bottle that I am diving in upside down up to my elbow, invert to fill, and quickly remove. I swish the surface with my hand before I put the bottle in to prevent surface junk from getting in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.