Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Saltwater pool tester

1. Back To Top    #1

Saltwater pool tester

I'm new to the SWG system. I have a 12x30 Intex Pool with an Intex SWG. Can someone recommend a decent reasonably priced pool tester for my pool?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Saltwater pool tester

You want a TF100 but they can't deliver to Canada, so you would need a US delivery address.

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed testing and accuracy.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern Howell, NJ

Re: Saltwater pool tester

I think he's asking about a Salt concentration test. I could be wrong. But that's how I read the post. If that is what OP was asking, from everything I have read here, none of them are accurate and you should do whatever makes your system happy.
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?