Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wet Edge Primera Stone & Prism Matrix in McKinney, TX Vicinity

1. Back To Top    #1

Wet Edge Primera Stone & Prism Matrix in McKinney, TX Vicinity

HI -
    Does anyone have a pool with We Edge Primera Stone or Prism Matrix that I can run by and see the surface of? I need to make a decision on one or the other

Much thanks!
    Kate
    Opened Nov 2016: 16K, IN, Wet Edge Sapphire Treasure Primera Stone with Sparkles ;), Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS Filter pump, 520 Cartridge, SWG - but planning to stick with chlorine 320C Inline Tab year round, Pentair Platinum + Booster Pump, Whisperflo 3/4 HP Waterfall Pump, Pentair Mastertemp NG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wet Edge Primera Stone & Prism Matrix in McKinney, TX Vicinity

Might be a long shot, but you can also check for Open Houses with pools in your vicinity (use the advanced search or more filters option on realtor.com). We have looked at a few different types of pools that way to get a better feel for what we like.
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with IG spa, Hayward equip, Ecostar pump. Remodel done: NPT Arctic 1x2 tile in Lagoon w/ gray thinset & Light Pewter grout, French Gray PebbleSheen w/ grey fittings, Leuders buff eased edge limestone coping w/ Light Buff mortar, buff mastic

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know of any that are in the dfw area as I've been on the site for about a year. Can your pb get you in to see one?
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

4. Back To Top    #4

Tried the realtor.com option but having a pool seems to be the only refinement I can make. ��
    Opened Nov 2016: 16K, IN, Wet Edge Sapphire Treasure Primera Stone with Sparkles ;), Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS Filter pump, 520 Cartridge, SWG - but planning to stick with chlorine 320C Inline Tab year round, Pentair Platinum + Booster Pump, Whisperflo 3/4 HP Waterfall Pump, Pentair Mastertemp NG

5. Back To Top    #5

My neighbor has Primera Stone (sapphire treasure I think) and I ended up with Prism Matrix Indigo Blue. Personally, I liked the look of the glass beads in Prism Matrix and they also look more high end. (imo).
    The one reason why I gave Primera Stone serious consideration was because of the "refinishing" possibility where you can polish the Primera finish and get it all smooth again - assuming this will be in 15 years when original plaster degrades. But, I was not sure if I will be here in this house in 15 years. More importantly, I figured I will want a 'changed' look 15 years down the line...so the repolishing aspect was not much benefit for me. YMMV.

If you feel like driving to Katy,TX you are welcome to see my pool and possibly also neighbors pool.

Hope this helps.
    Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you for your response. I took a wee hiatus as we near 3 weeks from dig - - - hopefully! Indigo Blue, yep that's what I'm looking at. One of the most expensive ones! How does it feel on your feet? Rough? The sample feel pretty awesome. What do your neighbors think of the Primera Stone? I am really concerned about finish. Is yours/theirs consistent. I saw a pool with Luna Quartz and thought it looked awful! Patchy and inconsistent. thank you! Kate

7. Back To Top    #7

Prism Matrix is a bit rough when your feet have been softened by water. When we were in the pool many days in a row for 1 to 3 hours and constant walking around the pool, the underside of our feet did feel like they were getting roughed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K8Luvs2Run View Post
    I am really concerned about finish. Is yours/theirs consistent. I saw a pool with Luna Quartz and thought it looked awful! Patchy and inconsistent. thank you! Kate
    The finish is very consistent across the entire pool. That is something I was surprised about. Even with the light at night, the pool floor looks very level without any trowel marks.

They could have done a slightly better job on the spa - no issues with consistency, but with the light on, we can see a few "pock" marks. I think this could have been avoided - but it does not bother me. It cannot be see during the daytime. I'll try to get a picture.
    Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

8. Back To Top    #8

Kate, I ended up getting the Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure and I am SO happy with it!!! I had such anxiety about choosing, but it is amazing and smooth! We just got it this week so I can't help with how it will be long term, but you are welcome to come see it! I will send you a PM.
    17K gallon, 18x40, 107 perimeter, 550 sq ft gunite inground pool with raised spa. 3.5 ft. - 5.0 ft. - 4.0 ft depth. Pentair equipment. DE filter. English Walnut travertine paver decking, lueders limestone coping. Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure plaster.