First time opening a pool, need help

pa4940

May 21, 2016
elizabethtown, pa
I attempted to open my pool for the first time today, usually have a company open and close it but figured I would do it myself this year. Everything was going fine until i turned the pool filter on. Water had started coming out the return lines in the pool and then I noticed water was coming out of the heater rather steadily(from the inside). I'm attaching a picture of my filter/heater, anyone have any ideas? Also this piece was with all the plugs and baskets and I cant find where it goes, could it be why its leaking?

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 19
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 18
I have no idea what the white plastic thing is.

Take off the lower front cover of the heater. There is a pressure switch that the pool company that closed your pool may have unscrewed. Same thing happened to me last week when I opened.

Welcome to TFP!

Please add your state to your location in your profile so it shows up over there <-----, climate is often an important factor when we help you with your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.