New plaster and using ORP and PH probes.

dradam

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2013
Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Just had my pool replastered with wet edge luna quartz. Just completing 2 weeks of brushing with 2 week acid soak (to expose aggregate) which will be completed tomorrow. I understand that I can not salinate and use my SWCG for about 30 days, but when can the ph and ORP probes on my intellichem be utilized after the water is neutralized? Can't find no info on that on Pentair's site.

Thanks.

Well, I would imagine you can start using them whenever you want, but the ORP will not actually do anything since the SWG is not installed. But, keep in mind that we generally do not recommend the use of ORP sensors, especially for outdoor SWG pools where the CYA level we recommend is higher than the ORP can generally handle correctly.

We have had many members give up on the ORP and just use the SWG in the normal % output mode which ends up being more consistent.

Thanks for your reply.

I set up the probes and all is working well.

I have to wait another week before I can set up my SWCG and add salt to the pool.

Yes the orp probes can be fussy. My pool us mainly covered, so I run a low CYA and the system has worked well for me. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.