IntelliChem how to disconnect power to clean pH and ORP probes

kwxyz

Jul 30, 2023
California
The pH and ORP values have been really off (pH reading is higher than actual value, ORP reading is low compared to chlorine level). I was thinking of cleaning the pH and ORP probes, but reading through the manual, it says to "turn off the AC source power to IntelliChem at the GFCI switch" before disconnecting the sensors. I spent some time looking at/around the system, but I can't figure out how to turn off the power. Attached some photos of what it looks like. Does anyone know how to go about this?

Attachments

• IMG_8393.jpeg
    IMG_8393.jpeg
    499.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8395.jpeg
    IMG_8395.jpeg
    734.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8397.jpeg
    IMG_8397.jpeg
    440.4 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to TFP.

GFCI Switch = GFCI Circuit Breaker

Which Circuit Breaker is your IntelliChem powered by?

For me, the power to the IntelliChem is connected to the load side of the pool/spa pump power relay. I power off the pool/spa pump at the sub-panel breaker to ensure no power to the IntelliChem is possible while cleaning.

k,

In theory, your IntelliChem should be powered off the pump/filter relay...

If yours is, just put the system into the Service Mode, and the IntelliChem should just shut off.

Kind of the whole purpose of the Service mode... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks all!

I'll try putting it in Service Mode to shut off the IntelliChem. Is there a way to test that the IntelliChem is shut off properly before disconnecting the probes? (in the ScreenLogic app, using a multimeter, etc.? The screen doesn't work.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.