Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is swimming??

1. Back To Top    #1

Who is swimming??

It's mid Feb and the kids are inhttps://vimeo.com/155252930

Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Who is swimming??

Well, our water temp is just below 60. Not the coldest by any means, but no one is ready to brave the chilly water .... except for our German Shepard who jumped in yesterday.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

My pool water broke 61F today as we've been in the 80's for a few days in a row now. We're forecasted to have day time temps in the low 90's by the middle of next week. My SWG has awakened from its winter slumber and I really wish I had a solar cover to help retain the heat better.

I dunno...I might fire up the gas heater if the water gets warm enough and throw the kids in

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

2 months and 2 days away from opening for me. I open around April 15: tax day, so I get good news (beautiful pool) to counteract the bad (taxes, yeesh). Heavy ice is still on the pool with the temps about 8 degrees. Brrr!

5. Back To Top    #5

Color me jealous! Looks fabulous.

::sigh:: I can't wait for warm weather to appear....
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

I am being tempted if only we can continue having sunny days and warmer weather I may be braving the water in another couple of weeks, it was 72 when I checked on Friday with the solar heater running.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Extremely jealous here! I'm with Marian... Another good 6 weeks n I'll be opening.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

It'll be May before we're swimming again.
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

9. Back To Top    #9

We don't open pools til Memorial Day weekend here in Michigan.

10. Back To Top    #10

Me me me! water temp was 65, air temp was 84, so I figured it's just like the lake I grew up on in NY, in July

(Although, I had my left foot wrapped up in a plastic bag, since I destroyed my ankle and they have me in a boot! Nothin's stopping me!)

Wait - I guess I don't count since I'm just west on the 60 from you!
    28K Gallon old-skool plaster hole in the back yard in desperate need of an acid wash and a fixed skimmer diverter (yes, it's still broken)
    Hayward SuperPumpVS pushing some giant hayward cartridge filter setup
    SharcVacXL and Zodiac G2 to keep things clean

11. Back To Top    #11

I open early just so I can admire the water. We don't swim until Memorial Day, usually. No sense in heating unless there's a party!

12. Back To Top    #12

You go, Brett! Just be careful!

13. Back To Top    #13

Not yet for us..I plan to open around mid April.
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

14. Back To Top    #14

Uhh... does a polar plunge for charity at a local lake count?

I may accidentally go for a swim this weekend when ice fishing, but let's hope not.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

15. Back To Top    #15

Pool hit 74 today

May be swimming by the weekend if we keep having these warm and sunny days
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter

16. Back To Top    #16

Not today. Maybe in June if we are lucky.

Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

17. Back To Top    #17

So unseasonably warm this year that in the past 6 days my water temp skyrocketed by almost 10 degrees and my chemistry was all out of whack. Water is starting to "wake-up". Won't be too long.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

18. Back To Top    #18

It has been so nice out, but the pool is still 65. We haven't used the heater on the pool yet - only the hot tub - no idea how long the warm up would last if we did warm it - oh so tempting.
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
    It has been so nice out, but the pool is still 65. We haven't used the heater on the pool yet - only the hot tub - no idea how long the warm up would last if we did warm it - oh so tempting.
    Same situation here. SWG woke up from its winter slumber and the water is gaining and holding a little bit of heat each day. Unfortunately, trying to go from 65F to 80F would use A LOT of gas....I'm sure your gas utility company would looooove that

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

20. Back To Top    #20

Ooh I keep telling myself just another couple of days, it is up to 76 today, which is 2 degrees higher than it was 48 hours ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast