Need Guidance on Pool Heater

Greg T

May 30, 2022
Pensacola, Florida
My pool is 27,000 gallons. I live in north Florida along the gulf coast. I would like to extend my swimming season. Without a heater, my season is roughly June through the end of September. I’d like to see if I can add six weeks on either end. May and October are fairly warm here…temps in the low 80s during the day and mid 60s or low 70s at night. Here’s my question: heat pump or gas? I don’t really know what to choose. Any advice?

Heat pumps work well in your area.

Look at Aquacal, Built Right, or Gulfstream heat pumps. The more BTUs the better.

My pool is 27,000 gallons. I live in north Florida along the gulf coast. I would like to extend my swimming season. Without a heater, my season is roughly June through the end of September. I’d like to see if I can add six weeks on either end. May and October are fairly warm here…temps in the low 80s during the day and mid 60s or low 70s at night. Here’s my question: heat pump or gas? I don’t really know what to choose. Any advice?
Do you have gas available? They are faster and work regardless of the climate.
Do you have the proper electrical supply at the equipment pad? A heat pump requires something similar to an air-conditioner compressor.
Either way, get the largest btu rating you can.

Reactions: Greg T