Who are you? How did u choose your handle?

I used to take in unwanted reptiles as a rescue. They are considered a nuisance in south Florida from people release them. I had one special green iguana that was a challenge and stole my heart named Bandit. Hence the name banditig. Iguanas love to swim!

17?
That's a lotta patchin up. :shock:

Yes and she knew what was going on as I was telling her off. She never put another hole in the new liner! Not one!

Casey, I'm sorry for your loss. There's something very special about having dogs in our lives. Casey sounds like she was that someone special.

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

She was the best.

View attachment 45078
Cheech chilling out with Karen.

We had a lab mix named Cheech at our last house. He thought the pool belonged to him. There wasn't anywhere in that pool where he couldn't grab a tennis ball on the dive. I once put a dozen tennis balls in the pool, and it made me realize that he thought he was rescuing them. He would swim out to the balls furthest away and bring them to the shallow area. Once he got them all there, he got out of the pool and plucked them out, one by one and lined them all up on the deck.

We had a Polaris pressure side cleaner, that was his nemesis. He thought it was a monster living in his swimming pool. He would watch where it was going and run around to meet it. When it occasionally came all the way to the surface the "tail" would spray water in his face, confirming that it was his mortal enemy. He would actually stick his head under water and bark at it. A very strange sound a bubbling bark. I did have to replace the hose on the back of it, a couple times he grabbed it by the tail and pulled it out. Once on the deck he was in for a real fight. It fought him back as the hose was flipping around spraying water at high pressure due to the booster pump.

That story is so funny! I'd love to have seen that!

Here is a pic of Casey smiling on command. She'd also smile at me and greet me when I came home from work.
FB_IMG_1455072220190.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My long-term marina and sometimes home is at an amusement park along the shores (coast) of Lake Erie. Years ago they had a tagline: "Welcome to America's Rockin' Roller Coast!"

I thought I'd use a form of Roller Coast (er) as a screenname, but forum software would mess-up the case or not allow a hyphen and it never really worked. I just dropped the "e" and it's been history ever since.

marina_aerial1.jpg

Pretty boring here - just use my initials. Was surprised it was still available as I'm a recent member. Used it forever.

But - I love roller coasters and Cedar Point is one of the best places for them - 11 years ago this week I rode Millennium Force 7 times in one day - along with all the others, except dragster which was broken down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.