Who are you? How did u choose your handle?

Wow, so many good stories hear, I couldn't help myself and jumped in from the begining. I'm always amaised how unrelated stories can bring up lost memories from the past.

Yes, I also remember Dave saying he like to exit the plane before they turn off the 'fasten your seat beat ' signs. :)

The trick is exiting before they turn the seat belt sign back on. As I recall after going up then down, all the while, round and round, hot and in overalls with a heavy back pack and no seats... I couldn't get out fast enough. But I went up again, it was sooo much fun. Never thought about that before, an airplane with no back seats...

I find producing a user name hard, I've got a thousand questions, but wait, what do you want to be called? For me, as usual, it's a bit lame, AUS for Aussie and pool, because it's all about the pool. Thinking back about it, I should have gone for 'Wombat', a nick name I acquired when working in a ski resort for being a bit of a nocturnal creature.

<hiding from Charly>:fro:

Mine is another one of those boring, non-creative ones. L-name, F-initial, then some not so random numbers. I had to create a user name in college to send out some job apps, and lets just say that the email addresses I used in college may not have been so appropriate, at least not for the types of jobs I was applying to. :D the handle has just stuck around ever since for ease. Thankfully those other addys are long forgotten.

- Dave

Besides working in product development labs (electronics for 20 years, now aquatic for 7 years) and thus being a lab rat, I think that "Aqua Lab Rat" sounds like a comic book character. My original avatar on here was a mad scientist costume that I made for the Halloween contest at work, so at the time I was thinking about weird laboratory stuff and the name sort of fit the theme.

Attachments

• sciCost2.jpg
    sciCost2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
My initials are BK. And I'd like to think I am a nice guy. But one day in high school my buddies were pestering me when I was having a bad day. They were repeatedly asking me why I was so grumpy until I snapped back at them and yelled "I AM NOT GRUMPY!!!" Of course that stuck and I was forever "grumpy". Back then dial-up AOL was all the rage and someone had already taken the screen name grumpybk, so I used grumpiebk. I still have my aol account 18 years later and use this username for various forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.