Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine pack storage

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine pack storage

I have a half used chlorine pack left over from a chlorinated, was wondering if it is worth saving and also the best way to store it. Currently have it in a garbage bag in my shed an the fumes are terrible.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Chlorine pack storage

If you are unable to dry and reseal the pack I would properly dispose of it. Those fumes are not just unhealthy but can also be corrosive to any metal if you are storing it in a shed or pool house.

Also welcome to the forum. Although not related to your question you might want to check out the Pool School to give you an idea what this site is all about. A lot of useful pool care information that you might find helpful.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Howard View Post
    I have a half used chlorine pack left over from a chlorinated, was wondering if it is worth saving and also the best way to store it. Currently have it in a garbage bag in my shed an the fumes are terrible.
    I had the same question, I ended up tossing them cause the smell in my garage was horrendous.

16,388 gallons, IG, Pebble Sheen, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter, Pentair Whisperflow Pump, August 2015, Taylor K-2006, spa

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks everyone, appreciate the info

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum Andrew
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!