Girlwithtools

Aug 12, 2023
Central Florida
Hi all! We had our pool built about four years ago and I just replaced my Jandy Truclear salt system. I was receiving a check cell error. And when I unscrewed the cell line from the power pack there were no pins left. They had corroded into the female end in the power pack. So I replaced everything. I just completed the removal and install and everything is working splendidly. However, I wanted to get to the bottom of what went wrong. I opened the old power pack and everything looked great except the piece where you plug in the salt cell. It is really corroded.
I have two questions; first did I do something wrong that I need to correct to keep the new power pack from corroding that piece and second; can I get just that piece cause it looks like that is all I would need to have a backup power pack.
Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpeg
    IMG_3244.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3296.jpeg
    IMG_3296.jpeg
    559 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to TFP.

My guess is you had some water intrusion into the power pack. It seems some outdoor pool equipment is not getting sealed as well as it should.

I would put silicone sealant around the power pack to seal any openings.

You also might want to put some dielectric grease on the pins.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.