Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Excel help

1. Back To Top    #1
    Gilbert AZ

Excel help

I'm trying to convert (cell A1) 1.86 hours, to the actual time of 1 Hr 52 minutes and get that answer to appear in another cell. Does anybody have a simple formula?
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Excel help

Format the cell as time (13:30 example format) or as custom (h:mm format). Then remember that the value itself when using this format is in days so you want a formula like "=1.86/24" where you would replace the "1.86" with a cell reference that has that number in it -- or you could just change the format of the original cell and divide the hours number by 24. Note that it does not round so will show 1:51. If you want to round to the closest minute, then you can add half a minute to the value as in "=(1.86+1/120)/24".
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Excel help

get that answer to appear in another cell
    Whatever cell you want the answer in A1 to appear, in that cell type"=A1".
    30K gal. IG Free form
    Cartridge Filter, Solar and Gas Heater
    Using BBB