Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool build in Iowa

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool build in Iowa

Dig started last Monday and we are hoping to have the liner in by Friday if the weather cooperates. We have FIVE very excited kids and two adults. Love looking at all the builds!

.Attachment 41814
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool build in Iowa

That looks like a huge pool! I guess you need it for a family of 7!

3. Back To Top    #3

Exciting time!

While you sit wistfully watching the construction, go ahead and dive into Pool School - Pool School and get your feet wet in the ABC's of Pool Chemistry and other scintillating summer reads

Do you have your test kit ready to go? TFTestkits.net <---look here! With a pool that big I'd suggest the TF-100. Best bang for your buck!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

No test kit yet. Pool builder said he provides all that.
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm a Newbie looking at all the Pool Builds I can find. I ordered my test kit and have not signed with PB yet. I love this website.
    Roman Style IG 14X28, Gunite Pool and Screen Cage
    11600 gallons, 3.5 ft - 6.0 ft SWG TF100 Kit:)
    Spa with spill over, tanning ledge, swim bench
    Finish TBD, along with equipment and paver's
    Water trucked in were on well system in Florida:)

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by MGood View Post
    No test kit yet. Pool builder said he provides all that.
    LOL, sure but the one most PB provides is usually worthless for the actual tests you need to maintain things the TFP way. You need a test kit thats going to test FC up to 50, and will test CYA accurately with a number, not a strip telling you "ok".

Do consider one of the recommended test kits (TF-100 or Taylor's K2006) as an *investment* in maintaining a healthy pool from the start. I can't count the number of new pool owners who get in the weeds early on and have to waste good swim days in recovery mode because algae took hold, or they added something unnecessary to the pool and the water clouded... capisce?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain