Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Florida pool pops out after heavy rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Florida pool pops out after heavy rain

It's unclear whether the pool was full of water when this happened, or if, as seen in the pictures, it was empty.

Pool out of ground in Pasco

10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Florida pool pops out after heavy rain

I'm betting empty.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

My money is on "empty". Without the weight and pressure of the water I could see this happening. In fact, I think it is one of the reasons you aren't supposed to leave your pool empty.
    Tim

20,000 Gallon In-ground - PebbleTec pool surface
    DE Filter with Pentair Whisperflo WF-23
    Pool Season: May 1 - Sep 30; Full Sun

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Sew this on the news earlier today. After it happened they called 911...I guess emergency services needed a good laugh
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Sorry guys, I've been a pool guy forever and back in the early 90's here in SoCal heavy rains caused several pools to pop out of the ground. One of them I serviced. It was full of water Just shows the power of water!

6. Back To Top    #6

This one looks like it was low or empty judging from the crud on the walls...

7. Back To Top    #7

Cor blimey, I hope it wasn't the new poster who asked about emptying the pool for delayed repairs......
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

The news station that covered hit had live shots and it was empty.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

9. Back To Top    #9

And I have doubts that Homeowners Insurance covers that.

what a shame too.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

10. Back To Top    #10

Now, if a pool company was doing the work, they'd be responsible...right?? But they'd also have probably drilled some well points or drain holes I guess.
    I'd love to hear from the homeowners as to how long it had been left empty and what the circumstances were
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

In California, we would usually have the customer sign a waiver in case their pool popped. It probably wouldn't hold up in court but, you know "that's pool biz".