Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor TV

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor TV

Any suggestions for outdoor TV that will be mounted in my Cabana. They are awfully expensive, looking for 46-50" approximately
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18' x 30' Completely Automated Fox Pool
    2 Pentair Intelliflo VS pumps
    Pentair 250 HD Heater
    Pentair Cartridge Filter & IC 20 Chlorinator
    Intellitouch i10 Automation & Sheer Descent x 3

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor TV

The general feeling around here is to buy an indoor tv and replace it when it dies, considering you can get a 50+ inch tv from Amazon for under $300 these days, they are getting to the disposable price point, in fact I just bought a refurbished 48 inch "smart" tv for my pool house wall off Amazon last week for $350, complete with all the built in streaming features, wifi so it can connect the home DLNA hard drive, etc. We have members reporting such TV's last 3-4 years or more with minimal weather sheltering.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a friend who built a case around her hanging "indoor" tv for use on her porch. Its doing just fine.

I was *stunned* when i saw the price of outdoor TVs. Stunned.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a 50" Panasonic display monitor. It is what they use in airports and is a little tougher than a regular tv. It has no tuner or speakers though.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

5. Back To Top    #5

My indoor tv has been outside for a year and a half under a roof, even had a bird's nest this spring. Works great. I have a friend who mounted his on an unsheltered outside wall and puts a bbq grill cover over it when not in use. Been out there at least a year.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Looking at that beautiful cabana and pool, you can afford an expensive TV! On a serious note, an indoor TV will do just fine in there.
    14000 gallon 16x32 roman in ground vinyl, Hayward 140k heat pump, swg, de filter 1 1\2 HP v.s. pump. Built in June 2014. Tf100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Very nice cabana. I am not like the other folks, I went with a 55" from Sunbrite. They are expensive but my TV is more exposed than most. TV's from Sunbrite are all weather and they can be directly in snow and rain and still work.

8. Back To Top    #8

I bought a raincase for a cheap 50 inch tv at raincase.com....it was basically $1000 but totally rainproof and can easily put a new tv in if indoor tv dies....but my tv is totally exposed to elements

13,500 gallon AG
    Cartridge Filter
    Raypak Natural Gas Heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Double check on the rain case....or....what I did....

i picked up two matching wall mounts from amazon for $25 each...when i want the tv outside, I unplug it from the kitchen, pop it off the indoor mount and move it outside? Takes 30 seconds....

10. Back To Top    #10

Hey, a quick mount TV. That gets a new idea prize.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

Yep - I picked up 2 of these

Amazon.com: VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for most 22 LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen - up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 mm with Full Motion Swivel Articulating Arm, 20 in Extension, for Monitor (Black) WP5: Electronics

15 seconds to connect or disconnect the TV. I picked up some long thumb screws so I don't even need a screwdriver.

12. Back To Top    #12

I do the same as Brett_N. A regular indoor Sharp 40" TV. I have a mount in my garage and 1 on the wall outside on my patio. I ran an HDMI connection and power to each location. I leave it outside most of the summer. I bought a cover online to protect it from the elements when not in use. So far so good.
    Kafko 15x28 Rectangle granite grey liner pool - Kafko 8 foot granite grey steps / Kafko 8 foot granite grey sunledge - Hayward Equipment - Kafko Safety Cover - Beachcomber 750 hot tub

13. Back To Top    #13

Just a note on storing TVs under a cover: make sure it's made of fabric that can breathe. Humidity will get trapped inside the cover a lot of times and cause pre-mature corrosion. The "outdoor tvs" do have coated circuit boards to withstand weather but they are very cheaply made to begin with. I did home theater for years and I always recommend the Issac-1 method.
    Curtis- 20k gallon IG gunnite/plaster with hot tub/waterfall and "grotto"
    All Jandy equipment: 60sqft DE filter - 399k btu natural gas heater - Stealth pumps - iAquaLink RS8.
    Polaris 9400 on patrol.
    TF-100 in da house/TFP method in effect: FC=4-6, pH=7.5, TA=80, CH=250, CYA=50, Borate=50, CSI=-0.21

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_N View Post
    Yep - I picked up 2 of these

Amazon.com: VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for most 22 LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen - up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 mm with Full Motion Swivel Articulating Arm, 20 in Extension, for Monitor (Black) WP5: Electronics

15 seconds to connect or disconnect the TV. I picked up some long thumb screws so I don't even need a screwdriver.
    Nice idea, but he wants a 50" tv, not a 20" one. There's no such thing as quick and easy mounting with those due to the size and weight. It's always awkward, and often requires 2 people. Using a sturdy cart that you can just roll outside is probably more effective for a tv of that size.
    15k gallon (?) kidney-shaped inground concrete (paint) pool & spa combo undergoing resurfacing. 6 floor jets, 2 side returns around steps, 1 skimmer also near steps. Spa has 4 jets. 1 hp Sta-Rite Supermax, 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 cartridge filter (holds up to CC200), ComfortZone gas heater - old and broken, Master Pool return distributor (not sure what to call it). Pool Before Resurface

15. Back To Top    #15

How about a quick and easy 80" model? You could get your wife and kids to help everytime you want to move it from the pool area to the inside, and vice verse

This is the one I have my eyes on

http://www.buysquad.com/product.aspx...gZwaAsXi8P8HAQ
    In-ground block / vinyl liner 33' x 22' x 5',, approx 25k gals
    Cartridge Filter
    Floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 return lines (2" plumbing ultra-flex PVC)

16. Back To Top    #16

I still like my 55" sunbrite TV No muss no fuss

Outdoor TV, Weatherproof Televisions, Digital Signage | SunBriteTV

17. Back To Top    #17

I use a regular indoor TV on a cantilevered mount that I can pull outside of the cabana and then store inside. I am also in Ontario so I bring it in from October-April.

Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

18. Back To Top    #18

How do regular tv's handle the heat? I live in Phoenix, so it'd get pretty darn hot outside....

We have a guest room 37" cheapo Walmart BF tv that I'd be willing to put outside, but figure in the AZ sun it'd get baked and die...even in shade it can be pretty hot.
    12000-ish In Ground, plaster, sand filter. New variable speed pump (Hayward I believe)

19. Back To Top    #19

This is less of an issue in Canada but assuming that it is in the shade I don't think it would be an issue. Surely there are people in Arizona, Mexico and other very hot places that have TVs but do not have Air Conditioning.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

20. Back To Top    #20

Nice Cabana. Cool idea
    Kafko 15x28 Rectangle granite grey liner pool - Kafko 8 foot granite grey steps / Kafko 8 foot granite grey sunledge - Hayward Equipment - Kafko Safety Cover - Beachcomber 750 hot tub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast