Is 46" shallow end... too deep?

ahreno

Apr 11, 2024
ukiah, ca
Looking at inground vinly pools. 18x36x32 L shape. Can choose between a water depth of 40" or 46".

I'm 6'6" so the choice for "me" is easy... but i have two kids, the youngest is 5 and 48" tall, with his chin at 40" give or take. i'm leaning towards 46" depth but dont want to regret it for my kids sake.

No more kids for us, so they are only going to get bigger.

IMO, above ground pools got it right with 52 inches. It feels way more swim-y and less stand-y, while easily being able to touch.

The kids will be certified fish in a couple weeks. My little one would dive down, push off the bottom and surface like a majestic dolphin to catch a breath, then be a fish again for the next 20 seconds. For like 2 years. It was less fun once she could touch. :ROFLMAO:

Get various sizes of 'puddle jumpers'. They don't slip off or pop like swimmies. Even with your kids being fish, fish get tired and don't want to come out. Or their friends aren't fish yet.

We had to request a custom modification to ours to have the shallow end at 48" and are so glad we did. We have the standard steps to walk in the pool, then it slopes down to 48". Highly recommend.

We had to request a custom modification to ours to have the shallow end at 48" and are so glad we did. We have the standard steps to walk in the pool, then it slopes down to 48". Highly recommend.
You know I've never actually measured. I'll have to check when I open the pool