Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low AND High salt indicators

1. Back To Top    #1

Greenwood, AR

Low AND High salt indicators

Would anyone know why my SWC would show low salt, then when I backwash my filter it would read high? Then, overnight it says low again.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Low AND High salt indicators

How is your salt level? Have you tested it? Does it need some sort of calibration performed? What's your manual say?

My Compupool SWG often reads "high salt" when I know for a fact it is spot on perfect. It still chugs along making chlorine just fine so I ignore that light
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

Roseville, CA

How is your ph? On my system as the ph goes up the salt reading begins to fall. When I bring the ph back into range, it goes back up. I suspect the reason in the place are beginning to crud up at high ph and hurting efficiency.

The filter should have nothing to do with it other than increasing the flow because it's cleaner and has less back pressure.
    SWG: CircuPool SI30+Plus; Recommended Levels: Salt 3000-4000, 3500 is ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.5-7.8; TA 100; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter
    TAYLOR K - 2006

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

First thing to do is clean the cell.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach