Replacing Underwater Light

Apr 22, 2013
I have 2 underwater lights about 10 years old, before LED's. Have changed the little thin tube halogen, same as work lights, just about every year. I think 500w each. This year, when I pulled one of them out, however, there was a little water inside, so I must have screwed up when I put the gasket in last time and it didn't seal perfectly. Needless to say, a new bulb didn't work. Where the cables are all sealed, is it hard to replace the entire sealed unit? Is it "worth" replacing the whole sealed unit with the same technology or better to change to LED? If so, "can" I change to LED without pulling a whole new cable from the panel (inside my shed) as I've seen described before, where fancy LED units that do a whole show of colors require a whole new cable be pulled.

Help!

Depending on the light fixture, some the bulb is a standard threaded fixture (medium base) and they can be changed out easily. You could just get a new gasket and replace the bulb. Otherwise a new housing you'll have to disconnect the wiring, attache a line to the end of the wiring to pull the line through to pull the new wiring back through the conduit.
Do you have any info on the light fixture make/model?
This may help: How To: Replace a Pool Light Fixture - YouTube

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.