Old Pool Light

Sep 27, 2015
Nor-Cal
I just purchased an older home in Florida and trying to get the pool sorted out. The pool light is not working so pulled it to the surface. Found it had been spliced at the light with the original cable being about the size of a garden hose spiced to a newer 12 volt Hayward light. I want to replace the light with a newer multi color LED. Problem is the power cable seems to be sealed to the back of the niche. Is the common in older pools? Is my only option an underwater splice with a 12 volt light? The pool was probably built around the time of the home in 1970s. 36389F69-A5FD-4CA4-9BBF-EA21B9AA8EC3.jpeg37588BF5-7F92-4446-83BF-66DBADBEDA1B.jpegDF2A4AC6-2B80-4560-83A8-1FA1A0F9584F.jpeg

I just purchased an older home in Florida and trying to get the pool sorted out. The pool light is not working so pulled it to the surface. Found it had been spliced at the light with the original cable being about the size of a garden hose spiced to a newer 12 volt Hayward light. I want to replace the light with a newer multi color LED. Problem is the power cable seems to be sealed to the back of the niche. Is the common in older pools? Is my only option an underwater splice with a 12 volt light? The pool was probably built around the time of the home in 1970s. View attachment 504148View attachment 504149View attachment 504150
Very dangerous. The light cord probably has epoxy around it at the conduit entrance to the niche. That will have to be removed to get a new cable in. Then use the old cable to pull the new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.