Bakersfield, Ca Gunite Build

Stone work complete!
6f5351a1e193f6d896e0c2e033b9f5e5.jpg
97d06b5688965fb55c246d0755a8e70a.jpg
e52cfaedd6ea703c164ccb5ff0ac4b12.jpg
3bfbccc582f7d3bca79d2f1645cce740.jpg

Sweet. Beautiful finish on the concrete. I hope it cracks straight. Sarcasm there - I have concrete. I'm sure yours won't crack.

But really - very nice. I like concrete.

Went ahead and ordered that outdoor shower from Lowes. Went to show someone it in the app and it showed up for $60. Originally $480. $60 is worth at least checking it out. It's weird, if you go to it online it still pops up as $240 but in the app $60.

Went ahead and ordered that outdoor shower from Lowes. Went to show someone it in the app and it showed up for $60. Originally $480. $60 is worth at least checking it out. It's weird, if you go to it online it still pops up as $240 but in the app $60.

I ordered one too! That price is too good to pass up. I couldn't buy a shower head/pipe/fittings/faucet for that price. This way if kids have grass from running around the yard etc... I can make them shower off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SO close! How exciting! Do you have your test kit yet? If not you want to go ahead and order so you will have it when your water starts going in.

Look in my siggy for the kits we use and love. There is also a link to where to order from.

Kim

Yeah. I like the glass.

I have a gas fire pit and would like to offer one caveat about glass - I have large colored glass chunks from American Specialty Glass (needed 75 lbs of glass for my fire pit). It is large chunks with rough cut edges. Even though I have a mesh cover on my fire pit, I have to constantly yell at the kids to keep out of it and not play with the "special power crystals" that they swear changes them into Marvel Super Heroes! Yes, I have to be the bad guy and destroy their wonderful little fantasy games simply because I don't want to end up in the Urgent Care getting 15 stitches in their cut up hands....

So if you do go with glass, try to go with rounded, smooth pebbles. Unfortunately it will be more expensive than rough cut glass but it may be a better choice. ASG will send you a plastic craft box of samples of all their color mixes and products, everything from pea gravel to rounded smooth glass beads. I purchased from them and paid extra but I was very happy with their glass products.

Oh, and another side not - you can fill the pit above the gas distribution ring with a layer of lava rock (cheap) and then transition to a glass layer rather than filling with all glass. It'll save you some money.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.