Under Construction - Tomball, TX

Thanks for the support. I'm just beyond frustrated right now. Ha, I'd like to see the other pool too. And yes, WetEdge told me the base plaster should be a blue tint on the Indigo Blue. I wanted them to plaster Saturday but they said they need two consecutive days, one to plaster and one to acid wash. So they have me scheduled for new plaster Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Plaster company is eating it. It was their fault. Apparently a secretary made the mistake switching the two pools.

Why not ask the Plaster Company whether you can go an see it?
Can't hurt to ask.
You can congratulate them (I'm sure that will get you a long way into checking out their pool).
If you don't like it.....
You give yourself something none of us ever got, a look at the final product.

Worth thinking about since you have until Monday.

YOU are being unreasonable???????????? REALLY?????????? THEY put the WRONG, LOWER GRADE plaster in. So what if you want it ALL out thinking towards the future. Good for YOU, the person that has to live with it after YOU pay for it!!

So what I see you saying is that they ONLY cut out the stuff by the insets-lights and such? They were going to leave all the rest of the wrong plaster? NOPE and adult word NO!

Oh you are being "punished" by him not answering your calls LOL! It may be for the best. I guess he does not want to say something he cannot take back.

HIGS! I am VERY proud of you for sticking to your guns AND thinking towards the future!

Kim

Ah, but it is the Plaster Company who is on the hook.
They are out in your yard now aren't they?

Their workers are in the yard now. None of them speak English.

- - - Updated - - -

YOU are being unreasonable???????????? REALLY?????????? THEY put the WRONG, LOWER GRADE plaster in. So what if you want it ALL out thinking towards the future. Good for YOU, the person that has to live with it after YOU pay for it!!

So what I see you saying is that they ONLY cut out the stuff by the insets-lights and such? They were going to leave all the rest of the wrong plaster? NOPE and adult word NO!

Oh you are being "punished" by him not answering your calls LOL! It may be for the best. I guess he does not want to say something he cannot take back.

HIGS! I am VERY proud of you for sticking to your guns AND thinking towards the future!

Kim

You summed that up nicely. And yep, they wanted to leave most of the wrong plaster in the pool and plaster over it.

- - - Updated - - -

plaster.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd say they did a fair job getting it out. And they did screw up the gunnite on some of the seating ledges. Gunnite 12" thick in those areas so nothing structural. I'm sure they'll fill it in with plaster. Supposedly new plaster goes in tomorrow.

It's gonna be a beautiful pool. Glad you are getting the plaster fixed and that you didn't just settle.

Just curious why are your fence panels flipped every other one? Is that for wind or something? Never seen it that way here in my part of Texas.

That's called "good neighbor fencing." All the builders in Houston do this now. Not really any gap because of the posts.

So, new plaster going in today. They're pretty much done.

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3972.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

It looks MUCH better. Of course that's because it's the right plaster this time. Sorry for killing everyone with the massively large pictures on the first page of this thread. It was my first attempt at linking to pics here from my dropbox account. I've exported the few above to a more reasonable size. The blue cement base is REALLY blue. The aggregate still doesn't look as closely spaced as the wetedge sample but I'm going to reserve judgement until they acid wash tomorrow. They tell me that will remove more of the cement and expose more of the aggregate. I really like the color though. Blue glass, purple glass, white stones, and mother of pearl.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.