0 CYA and 0 FC. Need advise

You’re welcome to take the pair that keep going in my pool daily LOL. My neighbor had 4 adult ducks in hers yesterday.
My pool isn't good enough for them, lol! Maybe they’re fighting with the neighbor’s ducks and they’ll make up soon and chill in their pool? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: dBsooner and mgtfp
This is typical. Advice from the pool store is often blanket for those folks using trichlor pucks. They are very acidic and to counteract the drive down of ph the pucks cause, higher alkalinity is recommended because it will want to drive ph back up. Manage your ph in the low to mid 7’s range and your and the alkalinity will fall. You will find a point when your alkalinity is low enough that the ph won’t rise as fast. Shoot for keeping your Alk at 70.
I’ve been using the 3” Bioguard silk tabs since we got the pool in fall of 2016. Last yr I decided to only put maybe 2 a week in and had very high PH and very high alkalinity. Now I know why lol. I have a $250 bucket of chlorine tablets to try to sell now lol.

I’ve been using the 3” Bioguard silk tabs since we got the pool in fall of 2016. Last yr I decided to only put maybe 2 a week in and had very high PH and very high alkalinity. Now I know why lol. I have a $250 bucket of chlorine tablets to try to sell now lol.
Some poor person on FB marketplace will snap that up. You’re on SWG now correct?

• Haha
Reactions: LovinPoolLife
If SWG is salt water generator, then no. We have a chlorine pool. I’d switch to SWG but we’d like to move out of IL in the next couple of yrs, so I don’t want to invest any money into something new here.
To clear up any confusion, a salt water pool is a chlorine pool…the SWG just makes chlorine for you through a reaction in the cell. I was asking because you could keep the pucks if you go out of town or need them for occasional use when you can’t add liquid. But you also have listed a nature 2 fusion, which could be either a SWG or trichlor feeder depending on which specific model you have.

Keep some pucks for when you go on vacation- sell the rest if you don’t wanna look at them/store them for the rest of your life lol 😂
Its ok to use them occasionally when you need/can afford the effects of all the things they do but they are insidious pretty quickly if used for daily chlorination.

Here’s roughly what each dissolved 8oz tab does to your pool
IMG_9760.jpeg
Those particular tabs also have a tiny bit of borates in them so you may want to test your borate levels as that affects how much acid you need to use to lower ph.

The pool store always said to keep it between 125-150. Last year I kept it high and struggled with very high PH. Nothing I did brought it down. It was at an 8 almost all summer.
I was going to say that’s part of being “Pool Stored”, but @Lake Placid beat me to it with a far more detailed explanation. I was going to go the simpler route of the higher they keep your TA, the more volatile your pH will be causing them to be able to try to sell you pH+ and pH-, and if they are really good at sales, Alkalinity down and up. lol!

Pool stores care about making money. Off you. They don’t care about your pool. If they don’t keep you coming back for more stuff, they lose money. If you stop coming all together, they lose a lot of money. That’s why they all offer free water tests. They get you in the door. I’d venture to say every member here has a Pool Stored story. Most of their own experience. If they don’t have their own, they’ll tell you thousands of others from the years here.

TFP cares nothing about your money. Sure, they like donations (aka supporters) to help keep the site running. But it’s not required. And TFTestKits IS NOT affiliated with TFP. They have a common name, but are two entirely seperate entities. We recommend TFT kits because they are the best you can get for the money, sized to how we do things and include everything you need to maintain your pool Trouble Free.

There’s one member here that literally stood outside the pool store and handed out cards to TFTestKits.net and mentioned TFP to people. Don’t know how long that lasted, or if it was even real… but sounds like a good story. :) You’ll see, your TF100 will come with cards. lol.

If they’re the silk guard complete, they’ve got copper in them too. If that’s the case…Imo sell the whole batch…and if you HAVE to have tabs at some point, pickup a few that are just pure trichlor.
Maybe she likes the green tint copper can do to blonde hair? Or the staining it can do to pool surfaces. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

JK! Copper is terrible! One of my pool stored stories involves a local mom and pops store trying to convince me their $40 bottle of algaecide was what I needed and that I had zero reason to worry about my wife’s bleach blonde hair. I asked them MANY times. Gave them so many outs. But they didn’t budge. I’m sure they were hoping I’d bite and then they could sell me sequestering agents.

I was going to say that’s part of being “Pool Stored”, but @Lake Placid beat me to it with a far more detailed explanation. I was going to go the simpler route of the higher they keep your TA, the more volatile your pH will be causing them to be able to try to sell you pH+ and pH-, and if they are really good at sales, Alkalinity down and up. lol!

Pool stores care about making money. Off you. They don’t care about your pool. If they don’t keep you coming back for more stuff, they lose money. If you stop coming all together, they lose a lot of money. That’s why they all offer free water tests. They get you in the door. I’d venture to say every member here has a Pool Stored story. Most of their own experience. If they don’t have their own, they’ll tell you thousands of others from the years here.

TFP cares nothing about your money. Sure, they like donations (aka supporters) to help keep the site running. But it’s not required. And TFTestKits IS NOT affiliated with TFP. They have a common name, but are two entirely seperate entities. We recommend his kits because they are the best you can get for the money and include everything you need to maintain your pool Trouble Free.

There’s one member here that literally stood outside the pool store and handed out cards to TFTestKits.net and mentioned TFP to people. Don’t know how long that lasted, or if it was even real… but sounds like a good story. :) You’ll see, your TF100 will come with cards. lol.
I am hoping my kit comes today. I really want my crystal clear water back, but and that’s a major BUT with properly balanced water! I’m nervous to start this new journey of not just using the stuff I’ve been used to for 7 seasons, only because it’s a new learning curve. However, I am eager to ditch pool store stuff that has built up over time, creating the issue I am now dealing with. Plus their method has taken yrs off of my beautiful liner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m nervous to start this new journey of not just using the stuff I’ve been used to for 7 seasons, only because it’s a new learning curve.
Yeah, but we got you. Lean on us at anytime. We have folks at the ready around the clock. Plus.

cb2.jpg

Did something leak on the card?
Check the R-0013 reagent for leaking.
It’s not just the card that’s wet. It’s the bottles and PH test reader as well. The R-0013 is down a little, the R-0007 is only 1/2 full and the R-0010 is also down a little. I had this kit on my kitchen counter to look at it when I got it and also had the wet card on the counter. Not sure if these are toxic but I just scrubbed the heck out of my counters for safe measure.

• Wow
Reactions: thefloatqueen
It’s not just the card that’s wet. It’s the bottles and PH test reader as well. The R-0013 is down a little, the R-0007 is only 1/2 full and the R-0010 is also down a little. I had this kit on my kitchen counter to look at it when I got it and also had the wet card on the counter. Not sure if these are toxic but I just scrubbed the heck out of my counters for safe measure.
Let's ping @Sarah and Nate
They will make it right.

Thank you.

Ok so I just did a FC test and it was 3.5 and then I added the 5 drops of R-0003 and it stayed clear for the CC. So that means I don’t have any. Is that a good thing?
Thats a good thing :)

Post the complete set of test results :)

FC
CC
PH
CYA
TA
CH

Thank you.

Ok so I just did a FC test and it was 3.5 and then I added the 5 drops of R-0003 and it stayed clear for the CC. So that means I don’t have any. Is that a good thing?

That's great. Means you truly got rid of the Ammonia. FC is holding and no CC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support