What do I stick in the new hole?

collington

Jun 7, 2021
Sussex, UK
Ok - that sounds rude. :oops:

We are in England and have a Bestway above-ground pool. It came with one inlet and one outlet. Both have this, like, rubber hose sticking out of the hole. Inside the pool you pop in the chlorine dispenser, or whatever, which has a hard plastic tube that feeds through the rubber hose. And on the outside you connect your hose. We've had it hooked up for a few years and it works great.

existinghole.png

We plan on keeping these and using them to run our existing pump through our solar. We have bought a new pump which we want to be focused on filtration hooked up to both the skimmer and the vacuum. (When we tried to do this with our old pump it just couldn't cope with everything.) I've read on here quite a lot about cutting a new hole in our pool - which I'm happy to do. I just can't figure out how I hook up my NEW hoses (which are a bit bigger anyway) to a hole that doesn't have this little vestigial rubber tube. And I can't figure out where to buy either this rubber tube thingy, or something else that would work. I genuinely have no idea what I should even google. :scratch:

Here is a random, probably not helpful video of the pieces that came with the pump. I just can't figure out what the interface with the pool wall would be.

Other photos of sizes of the various bits... if that helps.

IMG_3501.jpeg
Outer measurement of rubber hose thingy

IMG_3502.jpg
Inner measurement of rubber hose thingy.

IMG_3504.jpg
The new hoses. they aren't flexible at the end and have the threaded [nut?] already attached. (And they're not removable.)

IMG_3503.jpg
Inner measurement of the [? adapter?] that fits the new hoses. It's firm plastic and could never attach to the rubber hose anyway.

If anyone can tell me how to connect these to the pool I would be incredibly grateful!

THANKS!!!

Your opening sentence made me laugh!

You will need a fitting that you will install into the new intake or return that you cut. One moment while I check on UK Amazon.

Ok, here’s an example of what you will need for the return (from filter back into the pool).

Very important! Before making any cuts, verify that your pool fittings are compatible with your hoses! They may look the same, but if the thread pattern is off because one or both are proprietary and not universal, they won’t work.

For your intake (from pool to pump) are you installing a skimmer?

Thank you for your quick reply!! To answer your question, we have a skimmer but it's not an integrated skimmer. It's one of these: Intex 28000 Deluxe Pool Skimmer: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

I'm not quite understanding how the gasket you linked to will interface with my hose. My hose ends with an internally threaded orange [nut?] so theoretically I would need an externally threaded 'male' connection to connect my hose to? Should I look for a gasket that has that or do I need to find a male-male adapter?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.