Vancouver, WA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
This past weekend we just finished setting up our Intex 20ft x 10ft x 48in prism frame oval pool it is about 1/2 inch off level on one short side compared to the other short side. Both long sides seem to be pretty level/equal to each other. But we noticed that after filling it completely one long side still is slightly bowed. We think it is because the pavers are making the U legs stand up a little too high and that is causing them to tilt pushing the sidewall inwards. Even though we dug out some dirt to make sure the pavers were sitting on the same level as the pool. We did also walk around tugging the U legs and making them taunt as possible while the pool was filling up. I really don't want to have to drain the pool but it worries us that the one side is bowed and while the corners have a little give they don't has as much give as they should. Our set up is leveled dirt, maybe 2 inches of leveled packed mason sand, 2 layers of black contruction plastic (bf's a framer) and then the pathetically cheap pool "tarp/pad" that came with the pool set.

I am wondering if I should buy some pool cove to put around the outside of my oval pool to give it even better support where the liner looks like it might just pop from all the water weight.

I regret not getting a rectangle pool after all this effort we put into setting this darn pool up and it is still isn't right :( I guess I am just asking for advice on how to solve this issue without having to drain the pool too much. Any advice would be appreciated :)

I will take pictures of our pool tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-225643_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-225643_Chrome.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210712_122452.jpg
    20210712_122452.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210712_122514.jpg
    20210712_122514.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210712_122804.jpg
    20210712_122804.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP :)

It is fine.. 1/2 inch off level is nothing.. Over a couple weeks the sides should move out a bit once the water gets some heat into it and the weight of the water starts moving the frame some..

No need for pool cove, my intex has looked like that for 9 years now :)

Reactions: megadz87
Welcome to TFP :)

It is fine.. 1/2 inch off level is nothing.. Over a couple weeks the sides should move out a bit once the water gets some heat into it and the weight of the water starts moving the frame some..

No need for pool cove, my intex has looked like that for 9 years now :)
Thank you, I just discovered this forum a few days ago. Omygosh! What a relief to hear that. You don't know how worried I have been about this. I legit didn't even want us to swim in yet because I was scared that it would damage the legs or pop the liner. Ok so the water is showing it is 70 degrees fahrenheit now so hopefully as it warms up the pool stretches out to where it needs to be. Even the ladder isn't sitting right yet because of the bowing. In the meanwhile I will have to move it around to find a place where it doesn't rub the liner. Thank you again so much for the feedback! I sincerely appreciate it 😊

I see what you are saying... So the reason it is bowed in is because you did not dig the pavers down level to the bottom of the pool.. the legs should be 1.5 inches lower...

I doubt it will hurt anything as they are all the same.. If you were to dig the them into the ground it would open the top up more...

The best part is it is an even install and 1/2 inch out of level is nothing.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.