SLAM Question

mleclaire0205

Jul 9, 2021
Texas
I am currently on day three of slam. When I started the pool was green and I couldn't see the bottom, as of yesterday morning it is blue but cloudy, but I still can't see the bottom. When I started my CYA was 0 and my FC was 0. According to the chart I needed to raise my FC to 10. I have done that and I have been keeping it at 10 or over for the past three days. I have vacuumed to waste and brushed the pool everyday since starting. Today's reading are:
PH 8.1
ALK 162
CYA 20
FAC 14.1
TAC 14.8

I am now stumped, how do I get the water to start to clear up? Do I need to add more chlorine (liquid chlorine @ 10%)? Or do I just wait it out and continue to vacuum and brush? I'm stuck on what exactly my next steps should be?

How are you testing your water? Those are not results from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Also, did you ever add stabilizer (CYA)? You need a minimum CYA of 30. Anything less and the FC disappears is just a few minutes from the sun.

I am currently on day three of slam. When I started the pool was green and I couldn't see the bottom, as of yesterday morning it is blue but cloudy, but I still can't see the bottom. When I started my CYA was 0 and my FC was 0. According to the chart I needed to raise my FC to 10. I have done that and I have been keeping it at 10 or over for the past three days. I have vacuumed to waste and brushed the pool everyday since starting. Today's reading are:
PH 8.1
ALK 162
CYA 20
FAC 14.1
TAC 14.8

I am now stumped, how do I get the water to start to clear up? Do I need to add more chlorine (liquid chlorine @ 10%)? Or do I just wait it out and continue to vacuum and brush? I'm stuck on what exactly my next steps should be?
Hey man...I'm a newbie but can kinda point you in right direction. I believe according to SLAM process it wants you to keep your CYA around 30 (anything less and you would be adding LC all the time and anything more and you would have to add a lot of LC to get to your SLAM level which isn't cost effective). And you said your only on day 3...no offense but it can take a week or two for the SLAM process to complete. I am at the end of my second week and my water is clear but CC is not where it needs to be. You have to make sure you meet the 3 criteria (CC at or below 0.5, clear water and pass OCLT).

Not sure if that helps but just keep at it man...the water will start to clear....mine really didn't start clearing until the end of the first week but everyone's water is different!

Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.