Feb 19th update, New Build in Tampa - Travertine Paver Deck & Solar (Partially Installed)

It does look pretty clean. Very organized cable management.

But why.......
1612823510635.png

Being picky of course, but after all that clean work, why must you put the label on like that ? :oops: That's a personal thing, nothing to do with the clean install, I went in after my electrician and got rid of the sharpie and put on level labels.

What goes on the end of that pipe with the red ball valve? Looks like something still needs to be attached?

Reactions: usfbull
Red ball valve???
I've gone back and looked a couple times and I don't see a red ball valve???

I think solar heat was mentioned? Maybe shutoff for that?

Andrew

EDIT: I finally noticed the red ball valve!! I think I see a tee behind there pointing up also? Until OP comes back, I vote solar hookup!

Here is a better pic. I think it is some sort of check for the solar. It is supposed to be able to be set to a temp and if the pool Is already that warm it will bypass. I don’t know what the setup should look like so hopefully it is correct :)

Attachments

• 84BED32E-DD5F-4F07-A7ED-4BA77C1183E8.jpeg
    84BED32E-DD5F-4F07-A7ED-4BA77C1183E8.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: RDFBocephus
Yeah, that's the valve I was asking about. It was the 4th picture in the last group. Looked like there was something that still needed to go there, was just curious.

1612877872342.png

Looks like they are still working on some of the PVC. In one of the other pics it looks like there may still be pipes to add. Thanks... Looking good!

The pavers were installed this week. They delivered the HIDE skimmer cover but it wasn't installed! I found it sitting in the yard, ugh. So they will be back next week to install as well as fix a few things with the pavers, lippage, etc.

Solar was installed but the panels were not put on the roof. The brackets are up there but it got windy that afternoon and today it has been raining so the panels are laying in my yard.

Attachments

• IMG_3963.jpg
    IMG_3963.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3964.jpg
    IMG_3964.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4012.jpg
    IMG_4012.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4013.jpg
    IMG_4013.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3976.jpg
    IMG_3976.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4015.jpg
    IMG_4015.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4017.jpg
    IMG_4017.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 46

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Came across your build researching 20x20 screen. We are thinking of using 20x20 to rescreen our roof instead of 18x14. Any updates in the past few weeks?

Sadly, no there has been no progress other than our solar panels making it to the roof and the overflow line being hooked up.

Still waiting on lippage corrections for the pavers and the screen enclosure to be installed.

We are going with 18x14 as noseeums shouldn't be an issue and so many say the 20x20 cuts down on airflow. Were you happy with 18x14 what is the reason you are looking at 20x20 now for your roof?

Sadly, no there has been no progress other than our solar panels making it to the roof and the overflow line being hooked up.

Still waiting on lippage corrections for the pavers and the screen enclosure to be installed.

We are going with 18x14 as noseeums shouldn't be an issue and so many say the 20x20 cuts down on airflow. Were you happy with 18x14 what is the reason you are looking at 20x20 now for your roof?
Well that's some progress. What's your completion date estimate?

I posted about my rescreening here and here with more details. 18x14 has served us well for the most part. Main issues for roof panels are pinestraw and bugs that get washed through during heavy rains. Airflow shouldn't be too affected with 18x14 still on the walls. UV reduction is a plus and minus. Plus for less intense sun during the hottest months especially at sunset, minus is lower pool temps.

Ah, I see your pics with the pine needles. That must be a pain to clean as they are stuck and some make it through the screen all together.

we have an oak tree that dumps tons of leaves and pollen. The leaves will not get through but the pollen will so will be lots of washing it off I’m sure.

I am going to seal the pavers but am waiting for them to correct the issues first. At the moment I have the pavers closest to the tree covered with a tarp so the pollen falls on the tarp.

No estimated date of completion. The owner of the company installing the screen broke his wrists in mid feb so that has delayed the start of of our cage install.

supposedly this will be a big week. Paver guys supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday and cage supposed to start by the end of the week. If that happens (not holding breath) then the pool finish I would hope will go in not much after. I told PB I don’t want the finish being done prior to the cage because I’m worried the tree would dump stuff and stain the finish. Also the screen guys would likely be sloppy and dump stuff in pool, etc.

Ah, I see your pics with the pine needles. That must be a pain to clean as they are stuck and some make it through the screen all together.

we have an oak tree that dumps tons of leaves and pollen. The leaves will not get through but the pollen will so will be lots of washing it off I’m sure.

I am going to seal the pavers but am waiting for them to correct the issues first. At the moment I have the pavers closest to the tree covered with a tarp so the pollen falls on the tarp.

No estimated date of completion. The owner of the company installing the screen broke his wrists in mid feb so that has delayed the start of of our cage install.

supposedly this will be a big week. Paver guys supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday and cage supposed to start by the end of the week. If that happens (not holding breath) then the pool finish I would hope will go in not much after. I told PB I don’t want the finish being done prior to the cage because I’m worried the tree would dump stuff and stain the finish. Also the screen guys would likely be sloppy and dump stuff in pool, etc.
Yes, the needles that get partially in and just hang there are a real pain. You need a pressure washer with extension wand to break those apart. After a good roof cleaning, they all seem to end up in the pool filling up the skimmer and pump baskets. But then new needles take their place getting stuck in screen again - it's an endless cycle. Between cleanings, some break off on their own and fall onto the pool or deck and we just net those out or pickup.

The needles that don't get stuck partially in and just laying there and are easier to knock off with a leaf blower or hose with jet nozzle. That's why I am hoping the 20x20 will help in our case - fewer stuck needles and more to just knock off. Looking at the downsides of 20x20 just so we can make an informed decision. There are some random discussions on the web about the differences (like this one), just rarely are the stories from folks who changed from 18x14 to 20x20 or vice versa to compare the differences at the same location.

The oaks near us dump so many leaves, acorns and whatever those straw likes things are. You might want to get a pretty strong leaf blower if you don't have one already.

Good luck on the work this week. Will be keeping up with the updates!

Tough call, would the 20x20 really cut off 5 more degrees in water temp vs the 18x14? That sure seems like a huge difference due to screen size.

we are going with solar panels and the 18x14 so hoping that will be sufficient for starting to get the pool to a decent temp starting this time of the year. We went to the beach today and online it says the beach water temp was 68. Not sure if that is the shallow water near the shore but regardless the kids were in but after a while they were cold.

yes, our oaks drop leaves, acorns, and those little things. Hoping the squirrels don’t damage the screen as well! I have a leaf blower and our house is 2 floors and the cage will be just below the 2nd floor windows so hoping can blow off stuff from inside the cage and perhaps out of the upstairs windows?

thanks, fingers crossed we see some good progress this week!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.