Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Question:
@Newdude
My pool builder gave us a Polaris 8050 Sport for free - well let’s just say we had no robot in the contract as nothing is for free.

I’ve used it for a few weeks as it wouldn’t have been my first or second choice just to see what I liked and didn’t like as this is our first pool and robot.

what I like:
The handle for an easy grab
The large catch bin and easy removal and cleaning

what I don’t like:
It gets stuck on the main drains (constantly) as you have to watch the whole cycle and constantly pull it off when it gets stuck

The cord; what a pain in the %#^ as it twists all up and a pain to unravel as it ravels right back up - I don’t think it does 1/2 the pool due to the tension

I don’t see it cleaning the waterline hardly at all no matter the setting I put it on

I thought bells and whistles were gimicky but there have been times I would have steered it to pick up a few leaves on the floor

It does not pick up those sweetgum black spiky balls

*** thinking about selling the machine with original box and caddy and applying $$ to a dolphin replacement ***

looking at the M400 due to the middle 3rd brush (won’t get stuck-I think), but it has cartridge filters instead of the basket design

M600 has dual motors and good reviews but not sure of it’s ability to clear drains and climb walls/waterline

any other models that would address most of my dislikes above ?

06892323-CC9C-4EE1-ABD7-6A687E6AA5B9.jpeg

My pool builder gave us a Polaris 8050 Sport for free - well let’s just say we had no robot in the contract as nothing is for free.
I am always impressed with how well you 'get it'. Your free robot only cost you $75k. :ROFLMAO:
It gets stuck on the main drains (constantly)
Ive read here that many do
The cord; what a pain in the %#^ as it twists all up and a pain to unravel as it ravels right back up
I've read here that many do. It's been advised to leave the extra cord out straight and not coiled up. YMMV.
I don’t see it cleaning the waterline hardly at all no matter the setting I put it on
I've read here that the dolphins and all of their clones do best with the waterline, many times.
I thought bells and whistles were gimicky but there have been times I would have steered it to pick up a few leaves on the floor
Exactly. It can come in handy but probably not that often for the price.
It does not pick up those sweetgum black spiky balls
*giggles* aren't they called itchy balls ? At least from what I've read. *giggles some more*
*** thinking about selling the machine with original box and caddy and applying $$ to a dolphin replacement ***
If you can find a buyer you pretty much can't lose. The Dolphin will do as good or better. If it's only as good, you can sleep well knowing you have one of the best. If it's better, that's just gravy on the biscuit.
looking at the M400 due to the middle 3rd brush (won’t get stuck-I think), but it has cartridge filters instead of the basket design

M600 has dual motors and good reviews but not sure of it’s ability to clear drains and climb walls/waterline

any other models that would address most of my dislikes above ?
@mknauss AND @Jimrahbe often say the 200 has the same functionality of the higher models and the caddy/Bluetooth/etc don't help them clean any better. But I believe the 600 has a longer cleaning cycle so I am considering it for my 20x40 hopefully going in soon. They'll be around soon with more thoughts. Hang tight. :)

Reactions: Riddler0520
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.