New Build Northwest Arkansas Area

mizzourah2006

Aug 16, 2020
Arkansas
They just started digging today. They are saying it's next to impossible to get concrete up here right now though. They are hoping for an 8-9 week build timeframe. Original quote was 6 weeks. They got a lot done on day 1 though. Got our old patio torn out, got the pool and trench dug out and have the pool framed.

Attachments

• IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20210802_231817541.jpg
    PXL_20210802_231817541.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 42
  • 3d1.jpg
    3d1.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 3d2.jpg
    3d2.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 42
This is going to be a concrete vinyl lined pool isn't it.. Those are nice and never have to worry about them rusting out :)

This is going to be a concrete vinyl lined pool isn't it.. Those are nice and never have to worry about them rusting out :)
It will be. For whatever reason in this area vinyl liner concrete pools are the norm from all the PBers I talked to. The one we went with actually won't even do gunite. We swam in a friends that had one built in 2019 and I actually really liked the liners. It seems they've come a long way from when I was a little kid.

It's going to be a 20x36 Deer Creek with a tanning ledge for the kiddos and wife and it'll go from 3'6" to 6'.

Some more pool info now that I am by the contract.

Size: 20x36 Deer Creek
Depth: 3'6" to 6'
Tanning Ledge: Approximately 8' x 8'. 10 inch depth.
Small bench added to the deep end to sit approximately 3 adults; 16.5 inch water depth.
Equipment:
Chlorine: SWG
Pentair Clean & Clear 320 Cartridge Filter
Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed High Performance Pump
Pentair iChlor Salt Chlorine Generator
Pentair Prowler 920
Lights: 3 Micro-Brite Color 150s.
Heater: Aquacal Heatwave SuperQuiet
Piping: 2 inches
Skimmers: 2 Large
Returns: 3

Last edited:
Form is all set. They said they are waiting on an inspection and then just going to keep calling the concrete company to see if they can get a truck. I guess I did give them some more work via a change order today though. From my reading on here I realized that I only had 1000 lumens of light via 2 micro-brites. So I asked them to add a 3rd light. Thanks to all the awesome info here for helping me discover it. When I asked the builder his thoughts he readily suggested that 3 makes the most sense for my pool.

Attachments

• PXL_20210803_195629186.jpg
    PXL_20210803_195629186.jpg
    713.1 KB · Views: 31

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well unfortunate update. The city inspection came back all good, but it appears my PB has all but given up on the idea of getting any concrete in my area before August 16th. They just came by to pull up about 2/3rds of the forms for a pool they are building in Oklahoma. My guess is they think they can get the pool formed and concrete poured and get the forms back before August 16th.

I get it, but it's a bit frustrating because when they started they had said they were going to call the concrete company every day and were hoping they could get concrete poured before August 16th. Now, it almost certainly has to be August 16th at the earliest. If I had known this I'd have rather them done the Oklahoma build this week and given me a backyard for one more week. It would have also given me a bit more time to get the backyard ready for the demolition. They only gave me about 2 days notice.

Forms are back up and concrete truck is scheduled for noon on Monday. Is it odd that they don't seem to have the deep end dug out or the sunshelf, or bench formed yet? Sounds like they are planning to do all of that and pour the concrete on Monday.

Then I guess it comes to measuring and ordering the liner and pouring the deck/patio, which is a different crew.

Question for you all. Do you typically tip the crew? I can tip the project manager, but IMO he's only been here for a few hours. The crew has been here the entire time. I think they deserve the tip. What is a reasonable tip for the crew? I think there have been about 4-5 total. I was thinking of tipping the crew lead like $4-$500 for the crew. But not sure if that's common/expected.

Concrete got poured today. I was in a meeting when they laid the forms for the sun shelf. I think it's a bit too big. I wanted enough room for 2 ledge loungers, so I was thinking about 7.5-8 ft. and a jet-in for the stairs to come out, just like the CAD drawing. Although I want the stairs flipped closest to the house. So, I'm going to grab him first thing tomorrow before the concrete truck gets here and have it re-formed. I drew a line in the rock for where I think I want it to be, which brings it in a foot and then I want the stairs to be part of the full footprint too.

Attachments

• PXL_20210816_211827263.jpg
    PXL_20210816_211827263.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20210816_210351840.jpg
    PXL_20210816_210351840.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 5.06.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 5.06.29 PM.png
    26 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Curious how others have handled re-doing the yard after it gets destroyed by the build. The pool builders dirt has been pushed over about ~2.5-3k sq ft of my grass or burned it. Do you all just typically re-sod? seed? Just looking for opinions on how others have rebuilt their backyards after the pool is finished. I was expecting to need some sod, but I was thinking I'd need about a quarter of what I think I will need now. They basically destroyed all but a very small amount of grass in my yard, lol. Here I was thinking my yard was plenty big enough.

Last edited:
Curious what others have handled re-doing the yard after it gets destroyed by the build. The pool builders dirt has been pushed over about ~2.5-3k sq ft of my grass or burned it. Do you all just typically re-sod? seed? Just looking for opinions on how others have rebuilt their backyards after the pool is finished. I was expecting to need some sod, but I was thinking I'd need about a quarter of what I think I will need now. They basically destroyed all but a very small amount of grass in my yard, lol. Here I was thinking my hard was plenty big enough.
We are budgeting for a complete resod. Maybe there will be some salvageable grass in the end but I doubt it. A lot of the damage will come from fixing the irrigation lines. Every pool build around here seems to destroy all the grass. Even the front yard

Front yard, back yard, all grass just about destroyed when the build was done here. Re-sodded all of it. I initially thought we would have some grass saved, but nope, all the dirt moving around just burred it all. A little more sod to the overall cost of this thing really wasn't as big of a hit as I thought it would have been.

Progress looking good though!

We are budgeting for a complete resod. Maybe there will be some salvageable grass in the end but I doubt it. A lot of the damage will come from fixing the irrigation lines. Every pool build around here seems to destroy all the grass. Even the front yard
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not alone :)

Pool is done, they came to measure the liner today, unfortunately the concrete isn't scheduled until the week of September 8th. I was hoping as we wait for the liner we could start on the sod. Grass starts to go into hibernation here around mid October, so I was hoping we could get a solid 1.5 months of watering and setting into the soil before the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.