Mold in the liner after being in storage

Ooona

May 23, 2022
Brooklyn, NY
Hi friends!
My husband packed up our pool as we were leaving for 6 weeks, and now I've started setting it back up. Unfortunately I think there was some moisture left as it was being folded, because some mold and staining has appeared. He reckons that shocking the pool will deal with it, but I am leaning towards sorting it out before we fill it up with water. Also, there are moldy stained areas over the water level anyway.
I'm also very looking forward to dealing with the sand pump as I doubt he touched it before leaving, and I've already cleaned some algae off of it 😂😱

What do you guys recommend?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    827.6 KB · Views: 16
I agree, and treated the stains on the walls of the liner before setting it up. I didn't word my post properly, I meant to ask what product would be best for mold -- in the end I've gone for undiluted vinegar and a stiff brush.
This morning I'll hose down and mop everything off. It's going to be a beautiful weekend and I can't wait to get this pool up and running again! 😊

Reactions: Mdragger88
50:50 bleach/water solution is always a winner. No harm, no foul if some residual bleach remains when filling.
Check all the liner seams/flaps too & a scrubby brush ought to do the trick. I really like that liner!

Reactions: Ooona
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.