Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Well, the Samsung S21 is Waterproof...so I took it into the pool to get some shots of the iron stains. The drain really seems to show what I think is iron staining. You can see the top part does not seem to be colored. But the main part is. I didn't take shots, but all of my "eyeball" jets seem to be brown stained as well on the inside.

I'm not going to risk algae to do a ascorbic acid treatment for the full pool yet. But here are the pictures.

drain.jpg

drain closeup.jpg

Has anyone used the Culator 4.0? It is supposed to remove metal from the pool water. It seems that Ascorbic Acid to get the metal into the water, then a sequestering agent to hold it and then eliminate it with the Culator.
We don't have much iron in the water. But maybe at times? Our toilet tanks have brown stains in the bottom and sometimes the stains move into the bowl. They can be easily brushed away.
Could this be manganese instead?

Well this is a weird development. You see the brown stuff in the photos? It brushed off. Now the brown stuff in the eyes, it is there. As is the stuff on the quartzite. It's a brownish. I'll take more photos tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.