Loud neighbours what to do....

Hi Everyone just an update.

The way our yards layout it is like a band shelter with acoustics and since we are slightly higher ground a sound fence or better fence is not going to matter. As for moving without saying things I don't see the issue. These people are clearly different. They have family on the same street so there not moving. They moved from another city due to "stuck up nature" from what I learned from my brief conversations. We live on the outskirts of town. With a fountain going, every night after work when he brings his friends home and they start drinking the f-bombs and voices get louder and louder.

No matter what I do or say I am going to create an issue. Basically my wife and I want privacy. We can afford it so we are moving. Suggesting anything otherwise doesn't seem logical in this situation. If i posted pictures of the layout, heck you see in my pics in the sig how close they are to us. I looked at a house today that was on 3 arces and no neighbours. So really not losing here.

Some people are just different, unless I have silence than I won't be happy. No way I can expect my neighbour to adhere to my policy. Just different people with different expectations of enjoying their backyard. Also, there putting in a pool right now shouting and swearing about partying all summer. If you think you could convince them to be quieter I'll gladly pay your plane ticket and accommodations. If there not quiet after your great conversations...you pay my moving costs lol.

What a terrible situation to be in. I hope you find a wonderful house that makes all of you happy. My husband and I are originally from Vermont, and every home we have had has the requirement of land. In Massachusetts, sometimes the houses can feel pretty close but we have been fortunate to find some elbow room in our homes. I hope you are able to find the same. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am just happy you are able to move! I am an avoider - but with my personality - I would bake some fresh cookies and pop over and introduce myself (with my child). As the conversation goes - I would do my best to get up the nerve to gently mention the noise.

I kinda think we are the loud neighbors here - we aren't crazy loud or anything - but the houses on both sides are never outside. I try to keep things down and as it gets later, I turn the volume down. If we have a very large party, I hand deliver invitations to my neighbors and at the bottom I give my cell phone and ask them to please call if things are too loud, someone parks in their drive, or for any reason and we will make it right immediately.

So far, so good.

I don't envy you and if I had a problem with a neighbor it would stress me out so bad.

Are Homeowner Associations common in Canada?

I live in an HOA and while it's not always fun to have to put up with some of the bureaucratic stuff (like filling requests to make exterior modifications), I like the fact that everyone in the HOA signs the same CC&R's and must abide by neighborhood standards. HOA's do protect property value in that sense, but sometimes make it harder to sell if buyers don't like the idea of an HOA.

When you buy, consider an HOA if they are common where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOA ownership is not the most common in the US either.

As for the neighbour....I would talk to the guy.
And if he did not not listen, And there is no legal recourse (depends on the state here) and I had to move, I would try to find the most nasty buyer :)

There are devices that can project a 'negative' sound wall. It would block the sound from reaching across the fence. Kind alike the 'cone of silence' from the old Get Smart tv show.

Or you could put a noisy splashy fountain on that side of the fence. It would break up the sound from their side and you wouldn't hear anything but pretty splashy sounds.

What a great idea, Sunbaby! We have some room between neighbors so daily noise shouldn't be an issue, but I love the party idea. Thankfully I have good neighbors, so far. I do wish you the best in this difficult situation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.