Intex Chorine Generator running 24x7 still not enough

Jun 23, 2015
Newark, NJ
Hello,
I hope someone can help me. I recently picked up a new intex SWG I had one for 3 years and it finally went. So this new one once I started to use it I ran it the 5 hours as stated in the manual at night. The chlorine level was near zero. I then went to the pool store with my water. And from my test it was confirmed that all my level where OK, ph, hardness, cyo, etc they gave me more cyo to shoot the level up and also told me to add chlorine to the pool which of course booted the chlorine levels. But after a day it was back down to near zero. I been running the swg 24/7 and still am unable to get chorine be enough.

The swg is working as i see the bubble coming out after the cell. So I am not sure what is going on.

Please help!

Welcome to TFP!

Take a sample of the water as it comes out of the return and check it for chlorine. This will tell you if the system is generating.

Most likely you have the beginnings of algae which is consuming the chlorine as fast as it is created. Try SLAMing Your Pool to get things under control after you verify that your CYA and salt levels are correct according to what Intex specifies.

Pool store testing is normally horribly inaccurate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.